1/1 David from Lost boys sculpt

Originally posted by hydin@Apr 13 2006, 05:19 AM
agreed with the pointy chin remark above, its not much, just a tad tad bit "comic book joker" like. just... hell it might be the light.

as far as the likeness, and the teeth, i gotta admit that is one of the best sculpts i have seen. the teeth are fantastic. the eyes are creepy enough by themselves. put them all together and you have one of the most dynamic posed busts i have ever seen.

terrific sculpting job on this. thats coming from someone who cant stand this movie, so trust me, its high praise :)

i have absolutely no idea for a base though. its one of the few times i have been totally stumped by something, but i am drawing a total blank. the only real memorable scene in the movie to me is either watching bill explode when he get staked, or the chinese food scene. neither of which lend themselves to a stand at all.

again, terrific work. i can tell a lot of love (and fandom) went into this sculpt. it looks great.

chris
[snapback]1225514[/snapback]​
Thanks Chris your post is one of the finest I have recieved. thanks for taking the time . I guess it is one of the movies you love or hate.

yet again, i am blown away be the sheer accuracy and quality of your work.

Sutherland has a few distinctive features, ie the nose and ears and you have got them down perfectly, it is an unmistakable likeness.

cant wait to see it finished.

as for the base, maybe something themed from the theme park in the movie, like park of one of the rides with all the carnival airbrushinbg on it.
does that make any sense?

Originally posted by Chewie15@Apr 14 2006, 01:19 AM
Bobby, this kicks ass...

Can't wait to see the final...

H
[snapback]1226036[/snapback]​
Thanks Howard . I really like this one allot, I thinkl I might do beast from Xmen next
there are still some things I am not to happy with but I have to stop sometime.
2nd guessing yourself. as you know from the darcula sculpt (wich is killer .)trying to add the prosthetics on with keeping the likeness can be difficult.
Thanks for the compliment bro

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back