1:1 Scale Jurassic Park Tyrannosaurus Rex Bust Completed!

Such a great project and insanely well painted man! Couldnt find anyone asking if you also were selling the 3D files?

I'm thinking about it, i'm trying to protect myself a bit by doing direct sales where I hand the 3d file over to the printing company itself and not to the end user so that they wouldn't be able to load my file online for free anywhere. Also trying to sell to users that only print at a large size so that if someone decided to print my file and mold and cast it it would be a huge costly expense. For example this 1:1 print wouldn't be copied for obvious reasons. I'll update if I decide to move forward with it. I hate to be paranoid, but i've had my work recast before without my permission and I have a good relationship with CC and don't want to step on any toes.

I'm thinking about it, i'm trying to protect myself a bit by doing direct sales where I hand the 3d file over to the printing company itself and not to the end user so that they wouldn't be able to load my file online for free anywhere. Also trying to sell to users that only print at a large size so that if someone decided to print my file and mold and cast it it would be a huge costly expense. For example this 1:1 print wouldn't be copied for obvious reasons. I'll update if I decide to move forward with it. I hate to be paranoid, but i've had my work recast before without my permission and I have a good relationship with CC and don't want to step on any toes.
Understand totally :)

I for one reallly hope you decide to sell!

So The Rex was Finished on time and Delivered for Dino-Fest/Jurassic-Con at LANHM. Crazy to see one of your 3d models in complete full scale when just a few months ago it was just a pipe-dream. I wasn't able to make it out, so none of these pics are mine, but I will most likely get to see her next year. Very excited!

Here she is with David Covarrubias(Stan Winston Studios/ Legacy Effects) and the owner of the Rex Joshua Ballze.
sTV6ZtS.jpg

Here she is next to Paleo Artist William Stout.
wnKFN2a.jpg

rqgQuz8.jpg

7ZLs0xB.jpg
nHQypic.jpg

rtBxVnU.jpg

I hope you find a way to distribute the files. I just made the cryocan and would LOVE to try and build this! Also how did you attach the 3d printed pieces together? The cryocan was the first thing I ever printed and it just snapped together.

Hello,
Josh here, owner of this amazing piece. Just wanted to give proper thanks to Yankeetrex for his amazing work and making this all possible. I am planning to begin painting prep work on this print this summer, now that I have more time on my hands. (A 1:1 Rex is exactly as big as it sounds, and is very daunting being all my Rex paints to date have been the humble 1:5th scale) So hopefully she'll be looking lively here in the very near future.
Long Live the Park~

Attachments

• JP Rex Fin.jpg
    JP Rex Fin.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 178
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back