1:1 Scale Snowspeeder (T-47 Airspeeder) build.

Attached an aileron with some false pneumatics. Need to add one more. These will look great when i get them working.
The planning for the canopy hinges was all going well until i did the open/close test. The edges are catching so not making a nice sweet seal. I think i need to calculate the centre of hinge which in turn need to be where the canopy edge is located.

Another note with the hinges is that i have not cut out the little sections as i am worried about the strength of the aluminium. My blacksmith say it should be OK bu i cant afford a cockup with the current dead line.
1712535016659.jpeg

I bought some off the shelf outdoor cushions that need to be adapted. This worked out to be a really cheap way to do the cushions.

1712534110255.jpeg

1712534780753.jpeg

1712534808983.jpeg

Hello, more than photos would have plans or STL files to share ? I'm already a R2-D2 builder in France. I plan to built maore drois this year. I also want to build a T-47 since tow years ! Anyway thank to mak live us your creation

I cannot see the housing sleeve for the piston on the right but the piston on the left has a distinct snow outline on the top of the cylinder housing. The gap in the middle makes it look not round but raised on the corners/edges and then narrowing to a smaller collar where the piston leaves the housing. Could be low blood sugar, a blurry screen pic and lots of speculation but I think that would be the outline snow would make on a four bolt non-welded piston cylinder with swingarm eyelet. First pic points to the snow outline (like someones sketch of the shape of a new crayon) and then the same shape on a four bolt model. Again, it is blurry so maybe I am reading into it.

20240415_115823.jpg
20240415_120323.jpg

I cannot see the housing sleeve for the piston on the right but the piston on the left has a distinct snow outline on the top of the cylinder housing. The gap in the middle makes it look not round but raised on the corners/edges and then narrowing to a smaller collar where the piston leaves the housing. Could be low blood sugar, a blurry screen pic and lots of speculation but I think that would be the outline snow would make on a four bolt non-welded piston cylinder with swingarm eyelet. First pic points to the snow outline (like someones sketch of the shape of a new crayon) and then the same shape on a four bolt model. Again, it is blurry so maybe I am reading into it.

View attachment 1810275View attachment 1810276
Maybe. With the variations between the props maybe some were square but this image does appear to show the thicker section being rounded. Note that this image there does not appear to be that second piston either. I think i have low blood sugar now! ha ha.

1713220860692.png

Seats! I wanted some comfort whilst flying so i have developed a spring system to cushion the seats.

The seats will be sitting on four steel springs with a steel plate to protect the wood top and bottom. Through the middle of the springs is 10mm steel threaded rod bolted to the floor. Lock nuts used so nothing rattles loose.

When weight hits the seat the rod will travel into the small void that is on either side of the seats. So about 50mm of play.

I quick test run and the springs are a good strength so provide that nice cushioned sinking seat feeling rather than my tuch taking the impact.

1713303799543.jpeg

1713303824140.jpeg

The spring seat is a good idea. Hopefully, it will not get in the way of you trying to sit in the cockpit (you know, hitting instruments with knees/shoes). I would've opted for a gel seat myself...but that's just my two cents worth;)(y)(y)

The spring seat is a good idea. Hopefully, it will not get in the way of you trying to sit in the cockpit (you know, hitting instruments with knees/shoes). I would've opted for a gel seat myself...but that's just my two cents worth;)(y)(y)
Fair call. I did go down the rabbit hole of modern truck seats. They must feel like they sit on clouds these days...

Got to work with the lights. As previously mentioned i bought some little LED covers that diffuse the light just right and were a good size match. There do appear to be some small flat lights so i just pushed the LED right through, gave it a drop of hot glue and then shaved it off once it dried. The video shows a nice diffused light on all areas. Excuse the pin board pins, they are temporary.

Scored some micro pin striping then went over that with a red posker pen.

1713823351439.jpeg

1713823315905.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1191.MOV
    56.5 MB

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back