1:1 Superman

INDY

Hi,

I thought I would share some pics of my 1:1 Scale Christopher Reeves superman.

I acquired the superman suit and silicone bust a couple of months ago. I am not sure who made the bust or the suit, but I think they are great.

If anyone recognizes who made the suit or the bust please reply, because I would like to give credit to the makers on this thread.

My friend JClinton who is also a member here, helped me mount this bust onto a mannequin. That was not an easy task, I took us about 5 hours just to get the bust to line up the mannequin.

JClinton is in the process of making a foam base for the mannequin to stand on for me. I'll post up more pics once the base is done.

Very cool. Almost looks life like. That skin looks amazing!!

He does look a little strung out on caffeine though (in the wide eyes) and it is a shame that the pose looks more like a "Gap model" and not a pose Superman usually strikes :lol
But still... Great looking display that anyone could be proud to display :)

Congrats!!

Isn't it??? That bust looks like it will move and talk :lol
My one problem with busts, is that they look stiff and painted... But this one looks like real skin.

Very cool. Almost looks life like. That skin looks amazing!!

He does look a little strung out on caffeine though (in the wide eyes) and it is a shame that the pose looks more like a "Gap model" and not a pose Superman usually strikes :lol
But still... Great looking display that anyone could be proud to display :)

Congrats!!

I know the pose is a little off, but once my friend makes a base for it, I think it will less noticeable.

I searched and had hard time finding a muscular mannequin that was also over 6 feet tall.

Isn't it??? That bust looks like it will move and talk :lol
My one problem with busts, is that they look stiff and painted... But this one looks like real skin.

Indeed!

I know the pose is a little off, but once my friend makes a base for it, I think it will less noticeable.

I searched and had hard time finding a muscular mannequin that was also over 6 feet tall.

:lol Ya, I wasn't going to say anything. Maybe you could add an accessory or two to make him look like he's "in action" and justify the pose.

Indeed!

:lol Ya, I wasn't going to say anything. Maybe you could add an accessory or two to make him look like he's "in action" and justify the pose.

It's funny that you mention that. My friend that is making the base, also bought supplies to try to make a replica of the Kriptonite chain, to put around his neck.

This thread has brought back the "itch" to buy a Reeve costume :lol
I'm not much for costumed mannequins in my collection since I am limited on space, but I always wanted a full CR Superman and a full Darth Vader :)

I can say with 100% certainty that it's an Action Costumes outfit. That is their old style belt. I used to have that suit. Those boots look really short though to be in proportion with the rest of the body. Still, great display!

JClinton just sent me a progress pic of how the superman base is coming along. So I thought I would share it. He said that he still needs to paint it and add scenic snow and environment, but I wanted to post this progress pic, because I think it is coming along nicely.

photobucket.com/user/silvad3/media/photo4_zpsf6480f6a.jpg.html]
photo4_zpsf6480f6a.jpg
[/URL]

Looking pretty cool!

Only thing I'd really change up is the paintjob on the hands. The base is coming along great!

Chris

Echoing what everyone's reaction to this is... The pose just kills it for me. It's not 'Superman' without Chris Reeve's body english.

I would love to see this outfit and this bust on a better posed mannequin. You've gone to the trouble to get an incredible face and incredible outfit, once the mannequin comes up to the level of those it will be amazing.

Keep looking, you'll find what you need eventually.

Alex

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back