1/6 2001 Pod replica.

Not to be too pissy I hope, but I don’t think this is the right forum for this post, since it’s not a replica.

From photos they’ve posted it appears to be a nicely done toy to match the company’s action figures. It’s large, and highly inaccurate.

Not to be too pissy I hope, but I don’t think this is the right forum for this post, since it’s not a replica.

From photos they’ve posted it appears to be a nicely done toy to match the company’s action figures. It’s large, and highly inaccurate

They claim it is a 1/6 scale replica and to quote the site, "This highly detailed and film-accurate replica" As to how true that is, I really don't know nor care. I'm just passing along something I thought would be of interest to the group.

Yeah, no...

If they sold it as it was, a toy, I'd say - looks great. But they're not representing it accurately, that's for sure. Such a drag when companies deceive the public and misrepresent their product.

Unless the shipping product is radically different from the promotional photos they've posted, that is.

Last edited:
Yep, there's quite a few problems with this "replica". As 3Dsf said, it's not a replica, it's a toy...and, as a toy, way too expensive for what it is(n)(n):(:(

Well I don’t doubt it took a lot of work to develop. And the small market for 2001 stuff probably means large margins are necessary for them to make their money back. So the high price doesn’t surprise me.

Yep, there's quite a few problems with this "replica". As 3Dsf said, it's not a replica, it's a toy...and, as a toy, way too expensive for what it is(n)(n):(:(

I totally agree that it's way too expensive. For those of us not so knowledgeable about the inaccuracies and problems, could someone list a few of them?

I totally agree that it's way too expensive. For those of us not so knowledgeable about the inaccuracies and problems, could someone list a few of them?

Well, it's like looking at a photo of a toy car and a photo of a real car.

(super long boring list deleted and replaced with photos)

438717389_10161933370381807_4281370216151715506_n.jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 02.07.02.jpg

Again, this is all fine for a cool addition to a collector's bookshelf, along with their action figures. It looks like a terrific toy.

Last edited:
Anyway. As I said, this probably all sounds pissy.

I just hate it when companies rip off the public. And their misuse of the word "replica" undermines the work that some of us have done in documenting that movie vehicle accurately.

Agree. It has more of the hallmarks of a 1/6 scale 'accessory' rather than a replica with many of the details being slightly exaggerated.
The handholds for instance, particularly the one by the back door, seem scaled more to fit the action figure hands rather than for accuracy.
Its still super cool though.

Agree. It has more of the hallmarks of a 1/6 scale 'accessory' rather than a replica with many of the details being slightly exaggerated.
The handholds for instance, particularly the one by the back door, seem scaled more to fit the action figure hands rather than for accuracy.
Its still super cool though.
Close...but no cigar(n)(n) I can understand someone with the fund having the need to buy that toy...and if it makes the person happy, well, good for him/her. I think that the main beef is: Not A Replica!

Ow yes so many things wrong. I modeled it up years ago for a movie, never got around to making it because the kit came out .
If I get time I should finish and upload it to CG trader.
2001 pod B.JPG
2001 pod A.JPG

the Kit was so good there wasn't much point in finishing.
this wasn't the film it was just me messing about in my office that why you can see my book selves.

Last edited:
There was a 1/6 kit from Atomic City a long time ago. It didn't have an interior and only had a limited production (less than 50 IRRC) run before Scott stopped responding/honouring pre-orders.

I would take the 50 claim with a barrel of salt - had to harass him to get mine and it was the last thing I received.
I'll dig it out of my stash at the weekend and post pics if anyone is interested ?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back