1:6th Dalek.. a (likely slow) work in progress

d_jedi1

Sr Member
I have been frustrated with the lack of Doctor Who stuff on American shores.. even moreso with the lack of 1:6th Who stuff over here.
One of the Biggest complaints I have heard about the RC daleks is their size.. they are 12" tall, not truly 1:6th.
For some time now, I have been a member on a Dalek builders site but have not the room to make it happen in full 1:1 scale.

I do however have room for one or two in 1:6th.
Here in a couple of weeks, I'm going to cash in some stocks and buy a character options RC one but I still want one thats truly 1:6th.
I started off by converting the metric measurements on the PDFs I got from the dalek builders site to standard and then re-scaling them to 1:6th
P1060976.jpg

P1060977.jpg

P1060978.jpg

P1060979.jpg

Then, I took some cardboard boxes (cereal, tv dinners) and drew out the panels that will make up the "skirt" section. I glued this to a base and shot it with a paint that sort of evens out the surface in a single spray.. it's an ugly green rustoleum but it covers imperfections like it's nobody's business.
I marked the spots for the hemispheres (which I need to mould and cast up) and stuck thumbtacks in for the time being.
Tomorrow, I'll fill it with expanding foam to add some stability. Then I'll start on the shoulders and work up toward the head.
P1060973.jpg

P1060974.jpg

P1060975.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back