*** 2012 Secret Santa Sign-up - SIGN UP IS NOW CLOSED ***

** I vote New rule must post picture of gift..:) all in favor..:thumbsup

692844d1335554384-new-forum-new-watches-this_thread_is_worthless_without_pictures.jpg

that's why took pics just incase it wasnt shown...:)

I myself have found this thread lacking pics in comparison to other years. I am just glad my recipiant posted pics. Next Year just in case I am taking a pic before I ship. I just forgot this time due to really hectic holidays.

I took pictures of what I made because I thought about doing a "making of" thread. But what would hotpads go under? And I like the on-site pictures.

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

When your recipient doesn't even post any kind of response whatsoever, it just makes you feel like maybe they didn't like the gift. Leaves you wondering.

I know some people may be going through extenuating circumstances and may not be able to post, But not posting a pic, thank-you, or at least an acknowledgement of receipt when they are able to is rude in my opinion. It's a good way to discourage what was a good Santa into possibly not participating next year. I personally want to thank EVERYONE who took part and made the SS exchange so successful . This is truly the most responsible and productive online community I have ever been a part of.

I'll echo that sentiment weaselhammer! A huge thanks to all of you guys!

I've heard back from all recipients and only one hasn't received their gift (assumed lost in transit). I know the sender and I know they're not a flake so all in all this is HANDS DOWN the highest success rate we've had and I think a big part of that was some of the new rules.

Two flakes, two lost parcels. Not too bad.

FYI:

01.06.2013 DrLASR has been banned for failing to send a Secret Santa Exchange gift.

May be extenuating circumstances with the other one so it's in the hands of the mods. As far as I'm concerned that part is over with.

Maybe next year we can exclude people with one post ,and that post being the entering of the signup.

Maybe. To be fair when doing this I don't have time to go and check everyone's history. If we make it so that you need more than one post people will go and post a dozen "cool :thumbsup" and then join.

Maybe making it that you have to be a member at the time of the sign up opening.

Still though, only one confirmed flake and possibly one more. Not too shabby!

Sorry this is so late, but Christmas was crazy (as I'm sure it is for most people) and I was isolated in a cabin in Wales for New Year.

But better late than never, a huge thank you to my Santa (no idea who you are).
I received these two prints covering both a favourite game and a favourite film.

photoon07012013at1805.jpg

I would apologise for the webcam image (I think my camera is still in Wales) but it's not a good idea to post high res pictures of an original artwork, so maybe for the best.

Much to my delight on Christmas day my brother (not as big of a nerd as me) read out the fifth element poster line by line doing a very unintentional Leeloo impression. Me and my sister were laughing hysterically and then had to explain the joke to him.

Both prints are great quality and, as soon as I grab some clip frames, will be taking pride of place in my bedroom. Thanks again Santa :D

Wanted to add yet another note of thanks to Michael for all the work that went into this!

I'm "older" and really don't get much acknowledgement at Christmas (sent 40 cards ... rec'd 3) so the Secret Santa gift I got not only made the holiday fun for the first time in years but will serve as inspiration for me to [hopefully] send out something even cooler (though it seems like this year's present was well-received) next time!

Once again I would like to thank Mike for organizing this and for having such a high success rate on it. :thumbsup

Also, a big thanks again to my Secret Santa for the awesome gifts. :thumbsup

My recipient hasn't posted, so I'll put up some pics of what I sent. I went by a local studio, Bridgeforth Design Studios, who is a husband and wife team ( BridgeforthDesignStudio ) where they had pulled all their Green Lantern originals so that I could look them over and choose one to have a print pulled from. I love Brian's sketches, so I went ahead and bought the original. I did this not only because I love their work, but also because I wanted the gift to be unique, so having the original, there couldn't be any more prints, save for the one I sent. Marie did the coloring on it and added the 3D background.

I took the print, framed and matted it myself (at last I could say I had a small hand in making it. :lol )

Here's the original and the print before it was framed:
2d82f5j.jpg

ic2p80.jpg

FYI:

01.06.2013 DrLASR has been banned for failing to send a Secret Santa Exchange gift.

May be extenuating circumstances with the other one so it's in the hands of the mods. As far as I'm concerned that part is over with.

They never learn... One down one to go looks like... rule are rules..

They never learn... One down one to go looks like... rule are rules..

Personally I agree. The issue with the other member is that he was deployed during the exchange. Still though, no note or anything.

As I said, in the mods court now. I'm not the sheriff nor do I wish to be. :)

i still dont know if my recepient got my gift :/ guessing from orange_blends comments, i am not one of the two that are missing (as im not banned or deployed) but still, no confirmation makes me uneasy :(

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back