32" Falcon Progress/ more new piccys page 23

Cory, "mensaboy", over on resin illuminati is doing a set of resin parts taken from the entex kit....gearbox parts etc...
It's a start...I dunno if he's doing anything else, but you could ask him.

Cheers

Phil

Started to buy kits a few years ago and still on the hunt. Where do those engine vent rings come from? They look like castings. and how does one make a cockpit I know that it's patterned after a Dixie cup but does anybody know what size? are the answers already post here? Maybe I missed them.

Re: 32" Falcon Progress/ more new piccys page 21

Hey guys, thanks yet again for all the kind words..:)

Just a few more pics...all painting is done now..even the dreaded splatter..:love
IMG_5110.jpg

IMG_5109.jpg

IMG_5107.jpg

A quick lighting test...they haven't been on for about 3 years.. they still work..:thumbsup
The engine light isn't as bright as I hoped, but anyhoo..pics..
IMG_5170.jpg

IMG_5167.jpg

This is to light up the strip lights on the back wall..
IMG_5169.jpg

so you get this..you get the idea..
IMG_5172.jpg

scratched interior
IMG_5173.jpg

Dashboard..
IMG_5174.jpg

Ozzy sent me his brilliant graphics, so I printed them out onto decal paper..
IMG_5175.jpg

And applied them like this..
IMG_5178.jpg

Looks pretty good I reckon..Big thanks to Ozzy..(y)thumbsup

After the decals had dried I dusted a bit of semi flat clear over them. I then made holes in the wall and put fibers in. It's the first time I've ever done this in any model..
IMG_5180.jpg

This is it with the light from the window showing where the holes are.
IMG_5179.jpg

I'm gonna add some red white and blue LEDs to it...hopefully I'll be able to fit them in the space behind the round cabinet light you saw earlier..

Very close to total completion...

Cheers guys

Phil
Could you tell me what you used to put all the random tiny little black circles and double lines or markings that are all over the falcon? You can see them in the first couple of images in this post. They don't look like brush strokes.

Hi, the circles are rub down decals, and the black lines are done with a ruler and a fine permanent marker with a dusting of the base colour over the top to dull the sheen..

Cheers

Phil

It is hard for me to express with words just how impressive this project is...I've been lurking on these boards for a while now, but this thread has pushed me over the edge.
I've built a lot of kits OOB, and even some scratch work in the last 25 years or so, but I've never seen anything that has impressed me as much as this.
I've registered, and wanted my first post to be right here just to pass on my compliments. I even had a "HONEY COME HERE!!!" moment with my wife so I could show her the first pic of that big white template on page 1 versus that beautiful overhead shot a couple of pages back with the Y-Wing up in the corner...just simply stunning.
Thank you for sharing your work with everyone.

Last edited:
That's very kind of you to say guys..I appreciate it :)

Must get around to taking some decent shots of it in daylight, with a nice black background, when the weather warms up a bit..

Phil

One of the builds that cannot be praised too much: Big stunner - thank you so much for sgaring the detailed progress :)
Where does the Falcon rest now?

This build was FANTASTIC!!! It really helped me along with my build and inspired me to take the build a lot further then first intended. I have a question, can you please identify this part marked in the red, from which kit or is a combo of parts? Thank you so much, best falcon build I have seen!
deck5sml.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back