3d printed sankara stones

bluetick2020

I was looking to 3d print a set of sankara stones and all the ones that I have found on various sites are not quite the right size. They all seem to be small. Does anyone have or can point me in the right direction of ones that have the accurate dimensions of the prop from the movie? Or even point me to a forum that has the information? I have tried to edit the files that I have downloaded with no such luck. Any help would be appreciated.

I have been trying to figure that out. I just haven't found a way to do so. I am not great with those applications. I will try and see if I can adjust them, but I can't seem to find an option to just simply enter in a dimension.

You should be able to scale them in the slicer program you use for your 3D printer.
I have been trying to figure that out. I just haven't found a way to do so. I am not great with those applications. I will try and see if I can adjust them, but I can't seem to find an option to just simply enter in a dimension.

What software are you using to print them? Someone here should be able to point you in the right direction.

I will try that. I am really just looking to be able to just enter the actual dimensions in cm, maybe I can figure that out. Thank you for your help.
99.9% of the time, the units that will be displayed in Blender are going to be in millimeters. If you bust down your math (25.4mm= 1inch), you'll be able to figure out your correct millimeter measurements for the stones.

If it would be easier, you can also message me a file of one of the stones and I'll get you the starting measurements (I can rescale them as well if you'd like, it's a 30 second job on my end)

No pictures. I just have the file that I downloaded and then was going off the measurements 8 x 8 x 13 cm from the Lucas Films Archive book.

13 cm tall? That's doesn't sound right. That would only be 5 inches. This definitely looks more than 5 inches.

Attachments

• 99040-1532336916.jpg
    99040-1532336916.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 18
99.9% of the time, the units that will be displayed in Blender are going to be in millimeters. If you bust down your math (25.4mm= 1inch), you'll be able to figure out your correct millimeter measurements for the stones.

If it would be easier, you can also message me a file of one of the stones and I'll get you the starting measurements (I can rescale them as well if you'd like, it's a 30 second job on my end)

that would be amazing. This is the file that I was using. If you wouldn't mind resizing them I would really appreciate the help.

Attachments

• Sankara_Stone_marked.stl
    3.6 MB · Views: 12
that would be amazing. This is the file that I was using. If you wouldn't mind resizing them I would really appreciate the help.

Would you mind making the file this dimension: 5.5" x 3" x 3" (14 cm x 7.75 cm x 7.75 cm)

Again thank you so much for the help. I’m still learning the software so think helps. Thank you again so much.

Would you mind making the file this dimension: 5.5" x 3" x 3" (14 cm x 7.75 cm x 7.75 cm)

Again thank you so much for the help. I’m still learning the software so think helps. Thank you again so much.
I've also seen 5.5 inches listed elsewhere as the correct size. Crazily, I measured the glass I was just now drinking from at my desk, and it is 5.5 inches tall. I took a quick pic, and okay, from that angle, this size looks correct. 7 inches that I've seen elsewhere would be too tall.

Attachments

• 20240420_111206.jpg
    20240420_111206.jpg
    939.1 KB · Views: 14
I've also seen 5.5 inches listed elsewhere as the correct size. Crazily, I measured the glass I was just now drinking from at my desk, and it is 5.5 inches tall. I took a quick pic, and okay, from that angle, this size looks correct. 7 inches that I've seen elsewhere would be too tall.
That’s fantastic! The size looks correct to me as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back