5' Falcon base hull building

Yeah, ask me how many Otaki Yamatos I have, none of which are correct. :mad:
Oh, that IS funny, b/c Otaki 1/600 Yamatos WERE my Japanese learning curve, when I was trying to decode the Y-Wing. I think I must have acquired at least six of the wrong kit. But at SUCH good prices!

Well, this is depressing. I paid $120 (including shipping) for a Nichimo Hyuga U-5010 boxing. What they sent me was the U-309 boxing that is missing a full sprue of parts.

View attachment 1808933

So, now I'm out $120 and I have, yet another, kit I have no interest in.
You can open a dispute with eBay and/or PayPal, if they sent the wrong item. They'll have to make it right, or give a refund. Had this same problem a couple of times with models.

This was a purchase directly from an online hobby store. They're not replying to emails so I've reached out to my credit card company.
Sorry to hear that. Hope the card company can help. If not maybe you can sell it to someone that just wants to build it. I know strange idea, actually building a kit, but some people still do, ; )

So a question regarding the koolshade for the upper starboard walk way. The bit under the Panther G tank upper hull.

Does it fit directly to the Panther G as shown in the photo? Or is it cut down to fit into the circle below the 8Rad part? With the photos I have, it's hard to tell if there's a gap between the 8Rad part and the koolshade or not. And it looks like it pokes out the sides under the Panther G hull, but again, I'm not sure.

thanks

1713294219081.png

Looking at this pic, my guess is that it's cut to the hole. I don't think it would sit as flush if it weren't. I wish I had some of this stuff. I'd like to try cutting it with my laser. :)

1713360993130.png

Yeah, I've seen that, but also this photo makes it look like it doesn't sit flush. I don't know if that's the model showing its age, or if it was built like this.
1713361492697.png

Looking at this pic, my guess is that it's cut to the hole. I don't think it would sit as flush if it weren't. I wish I had some of this stuff. I'd like to try cutting it with my laser. :)

View attachment 1810733

If that's the same run of Koolshade below the two smaller holes at the bottom of the photo, I imagine that suggests there'd be no need to cut it flush because a simple rectangular piece is sandwiched between plastic. The internal depth and extra layering of the large round, compared to the outer ring, also indicates the plastic part sits on top of a piece of Koolshade.

EDIT: You both spotted it and posted before I hit the reply button :whistle:

Does anyone have a clear photo of the orientation of the triangular Ford F-1 (#145) parts D5 and D6 on the top of the starboard walk way? And how do they attach to the corner of the (#143) McLaren block? The only ones I have come from a couple of different Chronicles books, and they're not clear at all.

thank you

1713378640505.png

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back