Okay, I need to make some 1:43 scale figures of Doc and Clara hanging off the side of the train and a mini Marty with hoverboard to hang out of the DeLorean.

Anybody got any good screen caps of the "Shonash Ravine" sign, or would it still be "Clayton Ravine" at that point? Either way, i want to put a sign on the bridge.

VERY cool! I hate seeing this thread as I'm completely jealous!

I challenge you to find a way to make the Delorean drop from sight behind some fake flames as a strobe light flashes and time travel sound FX play!!
:p

VERY cool! Love it!!

I think it can be done!

You'd need to modify a section of track so it worked kind of like the false bottom in a magic trunk gag, and either extend the cow-catcher on the train or add some bumpers so the Delorean is a little more ahead of the train.

You'd also need a net or box under the track to catch the Delorean when it "traveled through time".

Basically, the train would push the car around the track, when it got to "zone 88", a servo would would flip the track down dropping the car, but put a piece of track down for the train. A small electric charge could set off a puff of smoke and trigger sounds.

You could conceal the upright train rails by using a trestle or something.

You'd need to do a lot of experimenting, and it would only work at a certain speed, but I think it might work...

I think it can be done!

You'd need to modify a section of track so it worked kind of like the false bottom in a magic trunk gag, and either extend the cow-catcher on the train or add some bumpers so the Delorean is a little more ahead of the train.

You'd also need a net or box under the track to catch the Delorean when it "traveled through time".

Basically, the train would push the car around the track, when it got to "zone 88", a servo would would flip the track down dropping the car, but put a piece of track down for the train. A small electric charge could set off a puff of smoke and trigger sounds.

You could conceal the upright train rails by using a trestle or something.

You'd need to do a lot of experimenting, and it would only work at a certain speed, but I think it might work...

There's some good ideas there. I think rather than make it complicated with servos, if I had a small portion of the track that was spring loaded so that the weight of the car would drop it and then spring back up and catch to let the train pass over it. The problem is I'd have to make it to where the track's circuit would never be broken or else the train would short out.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back