80s memories

Sluis, I believe you are looking for UFO Commander 7. There was a whole line of vehicles and Shogun warrior type robots. That particular saucer came in two colors, metallic blue and gold.

I have a few I've picked up myself on eBay.

Thanks! That looks exactly like what I remember. I still don't know which was the third (unpictured) vehicle I had. We moved when I was 3 and I remember dropping that saucer into a bush and looking "everywhere" and not finding it. I probably looked for like a minute or so. :lol I think some neighbor kids found it afterwards.

See you can get an answer for anything on the RPF! :lol

Not mine, but I saw this toy while trying to search for a vintage (60's to 70's, I believe) space cockpit toy I used to have...

6708381039_6af6ea61e8_b.jpg

The suits reminds me of the X-wing pilot suits in Star Wars. Hehehe...

Back when the toy companies put in an effort to get the box art to look like characters. Then again the first few releases of Transformers up until 1986 did that on the boxes and posters, they all looked just like the various toys accurately just not like the comics and cartoon lol. The go-bots weren't all that accurate either as they were drawn in a more serious way on the boxes.

I remember these ads in Archie comics when I was a kid. I was always fascinated with the products in these types of ads, too bad I don't live in the US.

4535255739_67ef12a95c_o.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and what about this?

sea-monkeys.jpg

or this?

4531752344_f28463ef59_b.jpg

I don't think anybody ever actually got any of that stuff. I would show my parents things like that and they would just blow me off.

As for pogs I had those but in the early 90s. They may have been around in the 80s too I'm not sure.
Those are probably with my baseball card collection, another pile of worthless paper. :(

I remember these ads in Archie comics when I was a kid. I was always fascinated with the products in these types of ads, too bad I don't live in the US.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4005/4535255739_67ef12a95c_o.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and what about this?

http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/sea-monkeys.jpg

or this?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4039/4531752344_f28463ef59_b.jpg

Oh, those ads:lol

I remember wanting the X-ray glasses, the "hover car" you could build with a lawnmower engine and fly "up to 30' in the air"(I was planning on building my own speeder bike with those).

I don't think anybody ever actually got any of that stuff. I would show my parents things like that and they would just blow me off.

As for pogs I had those but in the early 90s. They may have been around in the 80s too I'm not sure.
Those are probably with my baseball card collection, another pile of worthless paper. :(

Oh yes, people actually ordered that stuff. My brother ordered the Charles Atlas thing, had several crops of Sea Monkeys, got the x-ray specs, sold seeds to win those prizes, etc.

ALL of it was crap!!!

I even tried to sell GRIT. Anyone remember that?

So here's a question, what generation are we? I was born in 79. Does that make me generation x or generation y. And if so, what does that mean?

I remember those ads where if you sold enough crap you'd get points for model kits and RC cars from a catalog lol. Supposedly 78/79 is the end of Generation X. That's where i put myself as i don't want to be clumped in with the younger folks lol. Damned kids and their loud music.

It's amazing we survived.....we didn't have cell phones or the internet..:lol....if you wanted to know something you asked someone or went to the library...now you just google it....if you wanted to go see a friend, you would call on the home phone, or just go around to their house.....now it's txting and facebook.

I used to write letters and send Christmas cards....now it's email and instagram....it really is amazing how things have changed.

It IS!

I have only had a cell phone for about 9 years now...I just didn't need it for work and didn't really care to have one at the time. Then I got promoted and pretty much needed one and ever since then, I couldn't imagine NOT having one now for work. Outside of work, it is nice and makes waiting around easier lol.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back