______SCULPTING_A_GALAXY_____

MusicTrooper

Hi,

Well, I am sometimes very behind the knowledge/info curve:)

and so if there is something on this already, just direct me there.

Otherwise, I am interested in what the members of the RPF,
think about this publication.

Thanks,

Ed

11146389.jpg

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearc...933784106&itm=1

Get the softcover version, it's only $ 32.00 or so. It's the same book but I think you don't get the Dvd and extra worthless crap that comes with the hardcover.

I canceled my order for the $300 version after seeing the prototypes for the extras.

Not worth the money. The contents of the book itself may actually be in quesion as well. But for $32 it's probably worth getting. It isn't a SW Chronicles.

I'm sure that before long burns of the disc and scans of the second book will be available as well... sad to say, but true. Worth the increased price? (you can find it for less than 395...) ...probably not, and the extra month you've got to wait doesn't help much either.

My girlfriend pre ordered me the deluxe ed, this does give me doubts though, im worried that the content will be lacking, and as for the extras, there has been no real concrete evidence of it being worth the extra money. Food for though indeed, the change from buying a std edition leaves enough for a Studio kit lol.

lee

I had pre-ordered the Deluxe version and canceled once I saw the extras. Not overly impressive. At least not enough for me to justify a $400 price tag (yeah, Overstock has it cheaper).

I'd like the limited version but that price-ouch. I'm just interested in ANY pics of the original 5 foot falcon's underside. I can't find decent ones anywhere.

The OT models are only 'featured' in small part in the extras of the limited edition. The images are the same in the two main books, but not what folks are thinking they'll be. A lot was culled...

I pre-ordered the limited edition from Amazon early enough to get locked it in at about half the current price, but even so I'm considering canceling it and just getting the regular version. The 'models' included don't look so hot, the extra booklets don't sound like they'll add much new reference material, the fancy box doesn't impress me... that just leaves the documentary/behind-the-scenes DVD as a potential motivator. Anyone know more specifics on what will be featured on the DVD? I have absolutely no interest in prequel stuff - I'm hoping for new shots of the OT studio models. Am I setting myself up for disappointment?

I fail to understand why LFL will not publish books that make use of the remaining OT archival photography/artwork. Why not simply have an all comprehensive book of the making of the OT with original costume/set/model reference images? Even if it is in bits and pieces, it would be of greater historical interest from a sci-fi collector's standpoint. The problem could be that there is no one, like Lorne Peterson, from back then who has the background to tackle that project. Models are great, but there are many costume/set/behind the scenes references as well that would make for excellent reading...

I'd love to see that too... But I think there are just too many issue blocking the path to that...

Too many
Not all in one spot
Varying qualities
Legal/copyright issues
Insufficient target market
Lack of a cohesive archivist (as mentioned)

Etcetera, etcetera...

But I think the 365 days book was a good step in this direction. I saw stuff in there I'd NEVER seen in nearly 30 years...

<div class='quotetop'>(Krachenvogel @ Oct 26 2006, 01:34 AM) [snapback]1344625[/snapback]</div>
I pre-ordered the limited edition from Amazon early enough to get locked it in at about half the current price[/b]
My wife did the same. She pre-ordered the book months ago from Amazon Japan, as birthday present for me.

Today, she got a message from amazon.jp informing her that the price as originally listed was a "mistake" and offering her the option of paying the difference or cancelling her order. :angry

Is Amazon in the U.S. honoring its pre-orders at the original price? Or have others received a similar "pay more or cancel" e-mail? :unsure

{EDIT} My wife just read amazon.jp's message more carefully. It doesn't say that the original price was a "mistake"; it says that the price has "changed," and apologizes for Amazon Japan's mistake in not noticing the change until now. (If I recall correctly, the price changed way back in early July.)

I'd still like to know whether Amazon in other countries is sticking by the original pre-order price for those who ordered before the hike.

ref, above,

EDIT} My wife just read amazon.jp's message more carefully. It doesn't say that the original price was a "mistake"; it says that the price has "changed," and apologizes for Amazon Japan's mistake in not noticing the change until now. (If I recall correctly, the price changed way back in early July.)

----------------------------------

I remember this kinda pricing change also occuring with "Dressing A Galaxy"

I am very suspicious that this is just a "marketing" technique.

Which makes me think of "Bait and Switch" laws.

oh well, what can ya do.

Ed

As long as it give you plans for a fully functional Death star along with "how to keep the accounts on building the Death " and management tips and hints for using it a base of operations...

Then i'd say its a bargin LOL

Any retailer has the right not to sell something for an inaccurate price. Only if they'd already taken your money (cc charged immediately instead of when item is shipped) would there be cause to complain. A pre-order is a promise to buy, not a promise to sell.

<div class='quotetop'>(Treadwell @ Oct 28 2006, 02:25 AM) [snapback]1346041[/snapback]</div>
Only if they'd already taken your money (cc charged immediately instead of when item is shipped) would there be cause to complain. [/b]
I'm not saying that Amazon Japan isn't entitled to raise their price to reflect what the publisher is charging. I'm asking whether Amazon in the U.S. is sticking to the original pre-order price for people who ordered before the price hike, as at least one person has suggested above.

Well, the last time I looked at the pending orders in my Amazon account, there was a price of $185 for the limited edition. I looked up Amazon's policy on pricing, wondering if I'd be charged the new $395 price when it actually came out: the policy states that when an item is pre-ordered, they will honor whatever is the lowest price they offer between the time the order is placed, and the time it ships (or words to that effect). I don't know what the upshot would be if the price was determined to be "wrong."

Doesn't matter to me any more - I ended up cancelling the limited edition and just ordering the regular. I can't imagine there will be anything on that DVD to justify even the $150 price difference.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back