Adventurebilt Hat has a new logo!

Marc

Dear all,

after Steve received a request from Lucasfilm to remove the Indyscript from his website, we knew the time had come to slowly but surely get ourselves a new logo. One that wouldn't cause us any legal problems ;) and at the same time would indicate the change from a hardcore fan hat to an official piece of Indy history.

Steve had this idea of a Meso pyramide, as it would combine our three fundameltals: we started making Raiders Fedora for fellow fans and ourselves (Raiders starts in South America), via the fanatic desire to make a hat that would outlast the wearer, to the last climax of getting the order for Indy IV (South America again).

Me on the other hand, I wanted something classic, art deco, something that looks to be from the 30's. Something that Indy - had he existed - could have actually bought.

So after spending a lot of time on the phone and comming up with our own ideas, we agreed that this just couldn't be united into one logo. However I still had a joker: Kim! Graphic desiger and leather craftman of Adventurebilt. So we kinda unloaded all the crap and left him alone, then we discussed his first ideas over and over again and left him alone again.

Now here are finally the results:

ab2.jpg

(I know it shoud read "built" - we'll change that yet)

Even though the final colors aren't set in stone yet, this is the basic design that we'll use once our current liners are used up.

Evtl. our current logos will become rarer and rarer and evtl. make the current hats become collectables one day (who knows...).

Regards,

Marc

Ordered mine about June and Steve mentioned it would be done before the summer...can't wait! Shame the logo had to change...I assume the ones in the movie have no logo?

Saw the new logo at COW and didn't comment. Love the new logo. Great job. Still need to order me one REAL soon. I wants me sumthin that can takes a beatin'.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back