Alien Enviromental Suit Progress .Youtube links added last post.

Yes please, we'd like to see more of this kid version (it's never too late to see more of these incredible suits) !

:love

Would you also be OK to post them on another board mainly devoted to A L I E N and Blade Runner ? Here is a link to this place :

Propsummit.com a Blade Runner Prop Community Forum BladeRunnerProps.comView topic - ALIEN EVA SUIT

Hope I to see more very soon !!!

:love

Fred

PS : Did you also work on anything Blade Runner to be placed in Sir Scott's office ???

:angel

Last edited:
OK, here we go. I have loads of pics but I have edited them down to the more informative shots. All the original electronics in the suit were completely fried. The lights are all new. I also removed all the pipework which seemed to supply the helmet with the gas vent you see in the film.

The suit was in pretty bad condition when we got hold of it. This is the result of about 2 weeks work

These images were taken near the end of the job where most of the refurb/repaint had been completed. I have just noticed that the helmet is missing some of the laser cut pieces we made. There were some very fine brass etchings running all the way around it which are not shown.

Enjoy!

Any questions, please ask away

Hi SKIN JOB 66 (nice username). Will have a look on that forum now. I did not do anything Blade Runner related I'm afraid.

To be honest this was a sort of one-off job, the office thing I mean. I have worked as a prop-maker/supervisor in the film industry for around 14 years now. I dont usually do re-furbs. I have had the pleasure of working on a couple of 'Sir Scott' productions in my time though.

Hi SKIN JOB 66 (nice username). Will have a look on that forum now. I did not do anything Blade Runner related I'm afraid.

Hi Fnordcorps !

propsummit was originally only devoted to Blade Runner but we have developed an A L I E N section in the last couple of years and I humbly think it's now one of the best info places on Sir Ridley's second film... that's why I wanted to invite you to also share your photos there...

:angel

To be honest this was a sort of one-off job, the office thing I mean. I have worked as a prop-maker/supervisor in the film industry for around 14 years now. I dont usually do re-furbs. I have had the pleasure of working on a couple of 'Sir Scott' productions in my time though.

Oh, I see...

:)

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to share these pics, you did an amazing restoration job ! (I tell you this because I recently saw the Lambert kid suit exhibited in Paris and it was in rather bad condition, compared to this one !)

BTW, another link, this time related to the "design origin" of these suits, hope you'll find the info interesting (please scroll down to 3rd post) :

Propsummit.com a Blade Runner Prop Community Forum BladeRunnerProps.comView topic - THE CABINET OF CURIOSITIES

A bientôt I hope !

Fred

Last edited:
Here is a pic of mine displayed on a mannequin, at last !

Richie, Steve & Danita (and Karl of course), you ROCK !!!

:love :love :love

Fred

attachment.php

That is one of the best thngs ive ever seen posted here Fred, congratulations: Hope you didnt use the Gaff helmet for the liner :lol :love:love:love

..... hey hey .... take a look, someone try to copy your suit, and they use it in a movie... i guess the movie name is Aliens, not sure, but looks like a copy OF YOURS

That is one of the best thngs ive ever seen posted here Fred, congratulations: Hope you didnt use the Gaff helmet for the liner :lol :love:love:love

Don't worry Tim, your awesome Gaff helmet replica will stay forever in my collection in the same condition it was when I got it !

(I must say though that I was VERY tempted to display it inside the EVA suit helmet... It would have been the best of both worlds : Weylan Yutani & Tyrell Corp united, at last)

Fred

Beautiful display, Fred! :love

But... a mannequin?!

I was sure that you would display your suit and helmet casually strewn among your tee shirts and sweatpants, as if the EVA suit is something you occasionally put on to go outside when the weather is especially nasty. :p

Just kidding, of course. Your Dallas suit truly is a thing of beauty, and of all your props and replicas is probably the one thing that looks better "displayed" than casually integrated with the everyday items in your home. What magnificent work by Danita, Steve, and Richie. (And, yes, Karl... who has been busy making key contributions to many of the best pieces on the board these days!)

Congratulations on snagging a real Holy Grail! :thumbsup

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back