Alien Romulus Pulse Rifle?

Just jumped on for the weathered version! This will be my first Hollywood Collectibles piece, so hopefully the production units look just as good as the promotional one.

Ordered a clean version myself! Only because the weathering looks too grimy for my taste. It appears to be more like paint chipping in the movie so I might do my own weathering. But such a cool looking piece!

Ordered a clean version myself! Only because the weathering looks too grimy for my taste. It appears to be more like paint chipping in the movie so I might do my own weathering. But such a cool looking piece!
I have about 100 images of the screen used guns, provided by the studio, and you would be shocked how grimy the guns were. I suspect the studio lighting washed that out and the weathering looked minimized on film.

I have about 100 images of the screen used guns, provided by the studio, and you would be shocked how grimy the guns were. I suspect the studio lighting washed that out and the weathering looked minimized on film.
Well now that the film and prop are out, you can share some of those pics...right? ;)

I don’t think so. They are watermarked with my boss’s name all over them, so the studio will know who shared them. I won’t put my boss in that position, and risk them getting in trouble if they weren’t supposed to be shared. I hope you can understand.
Oh absolutely, totally understand (y)

Man, those Weyland-Yutani folk sure know how to filth-up a rifle :D
Romulus-Weathered_800_02.jpg

POSTER.png

Better tag line! Since In space everything for some reason gets an evenly distributed thin layer of a mysterious black and burnt umber substance. This should have a name... like Space Blumber... and no one ever wants to clean it off. Thankfully for us though so it can hide all our painting mistakes! :)

Last edited:
On the front end of the handle thing-a-ma-jig, (above the barrel, where the red stripe is)...

Did they intentionally not angle it forward so that it would not look too much like the Aliens pusle rifle?

On the front end of the handle thing-a-ma-jig, (above the barrel, where the red stripe is)...

Did they intentionally not angle it forward so that it would not look too much like the Aliens pusle rifle?
Maybe...or they went for another look altogether:unsure:;)

What's the line of thinking around offering a clean version anyway? Is it for the "do it yourself" crowd?

What's the line of thinking around offering a clean version anyway? Is it for the "do it yourself" crowd?

There are several reasons for this. Not everyone prefers the same level of weathering, so we offer the option for those who want to weather the item themselves. Additionally, some customers prefer to receive items in a pristine, "as-new" condition, as if it were just given to the character. Providing these choices ensures we meet various preferences effectively.

There are several reasons for this. Not everyone prefers the same level of weathering, so we offer the option for those who want to weather the item themselves. Additionally, some customers prefer to receive items in a pristine, "as-new" condition, as if it were just given to the character. Providing these choices ensures we meet various preferences effectively.
Makes sense. Thanks for explaining!

What I don't understand about the pricing is that both version are of the same price. Usually, when any product is manufactured/built, it's the amount of handling (that is a human operator) that's counted into said price. Example: high end "Haute-Couture" is always pricey. Why? First you pay for the brand/label and second, a lot of that garnement was handled and sewed by hand unlike high production ones.
So, someone had to apply the "wear & tear" on that rifle...it should, logically, be more expensive than the clean one:unsure:

What I don't understand about the pricing is that both version are of the same price. Usually, when any product is manufactured/built, it's the amount of handling (that is a human operator) that's counted into said price. Example: high end "Haute-Couture" is always pricey. Why? First you pay for the brand/label and second, a lot of that garnement was handled and sewed by hand unlike high production ones.
So, someone had to apply the "wear & tear" on that rifle...it should, logically, be more expensive than the clean one:unsure:
Basically it goes like this…

There’s a regular edition (the clean version),
And a exclusive version (the weathered version). The regular editions are available through outside vendors. The exclusive is ONLY available through Hollywood Collectibles Group.

Anything sold through an outside vendor, HCG gets a portion of the sale, as the vendor gets discounts and bulk order deals. Anything purchased direct from HCG, the company makes more off the sale. So the company created exclusive versions, at the same price, as an incentive to purchase directly.

Moviefreak, does the trigger move? It doesn't look like it. But I always worry someone's going to pick it up and what's the first thing they do? Pull the trigger! CRACK!
And thanks for sharing your behind-the-scenes info! :)

Chris

Back