ALIEN SHIPS 3D MODELS

yep, Promod mentioned it before and I am aware of it but there are definitely 2 versions of the original ship, predating the Prop-store restoration it seems...there's the large, cockpit only, model made for the hero shot on the planet, with the probe parallel tube, and another full made ship, probably the restored ship, with the docking tube perpendicular to the face, which still has traces of the original yellow paint job

View attachment 1805294View attachment 1805295
Four models were built. The 8' / 10' main version (restored model), 4' model with engine lighting for the planet sequence (never been seen since, so presumably destroyed), 6' nose section and the small 14'' version towing the refinery model.

OK thanks guys...so we can conclusively say that the docking tube should be level with the side probes and not pointing straight out. I will change this in the model. Also, thanks to Space Jockey and Ghostryder for their input, there are a few other tweaks and parts to add, like Ashe's observation blister. which I will add. Right now I am in full flow on the Refinery.
Got the underside mostly done...there are parts that I have decent pics for and parts that I have nothing, so I have tried to 'sympathetically' detail those areas;

REFINERY.png
REFINERY1.png

There was an interior shot of Ripley in front of a huge window, surrounded by layers of what I think were different scales of model space shuttle External Tanks.

That and the artificial interior rain made me wonder if part of the movie took place in the refinery being towed and not just Nostromo. As big as that towing ship is..could those sets fit inside?

Or do we have a Jupiter 2 situation writ large?

There was an interior shot of Ripley in front of a huge window, surrounded by layers of what I think were different scales of model space shuttle External Tanks.

That and the artificial interior rain made me wonder if part of the movie took place in the refinery being towed and not just Nostromo. As big as that towing ship is..could those sets fit inside?

Or do we have a Jupiter 2 situation writ large?
this shot?
1713400355791.png

Would that fit inside Nostromo?

When watching the movie I thought most of what was going on took place in the refinery…Nostromo itself just being the cockpit and little else—mostly filled with machinery.

Would that fit inside Nostromo?

When watching the movie I thought most of what was going on took place in the refinery…Nostromo itself just being the cockpit and little else—mostly filled with machinery.
The shuttles/lifeboats fit easily between the main fuselage and the large engines at the sides. The Narcissus scale may be off for these shots but the Nostromo's meant to be a massive ship, and the refinery's humungous.

1713768743887.png

Attachments

• 1713768595850.png
    1713768595850.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
That's implied of course--but for movie making sake, they just made sure each piece was visually impressive--but maybe not consistent. I'd love to see a manual one day.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back