Done / Completed Aluminum 11th/12th Sonic Screwdriver KIT + Build Up Options

kursosawa

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello Doctor Who and Sonic Fans.

For the past several weeks, Anakin Starkiller and I have been working to put together quite the unique project: An affordable 11th/12th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver KIT!

th_sonic%20kit%20run_8_zpstqlx7t4g.jpg
th_sonic%20kit%20run_7_zpsuhnldnnc.jpg

The goal for this project was to provide a relatively affordable sonic kit which provides the end user with the parts to build their owns sonic, but also provide enough wiggle room to engineer the build to their design in regards to how the sonic goes together as well as the electronics battery solution. In short, there is no one way to build the kit. However, a general guide will be provided to those who purchase a kit. That being said, I should note that this is a bit of an advanced build which will require some dremel work to separate some parts, and some minor hole drilling.

The difficult engineering has already been worked out with the entire upper section of the sonic and the extending action. The aluminum slider is designed to screw onto a threaded rod with a resin sleeve and aluminum stopper which results in a highly stable, and quite flickable sonic.

12th version with the solid pommel.

Copper plated aluminum was used as opposed to solid copper in order to maintain affordability for the run.

All metal parts are CNC machined, by the same shop that machines Anakin Starkiller’s lightsabers.

th_sonic%20kit%20run_1_zpsi5jeu35v.jpg

All parts pictured below will be included in your kit.
  • Central Brass tube
  • m6 hollow threaded rod
  • threaded Aluminum slider stop
  • Aluminum Slider
  • Upper copper cage
  • Middle cage washer
  • Lower copper cage
  • 4 copper struts
  • resin waist core
  • mid handle copper ring
  • white resin handle
  • pommel
  • 2 resin core pieces
  • resin emitter
  • 6mm momentary switch
  • white 3mm LED
  • all necessary hardware (springs, pins, screws, etc)
  • Copper wires (not pictured)
  • heatshrink tubing (not pictured)
  • leather (not pictured)

Note: The mid handle copper ring, lower copper cage, and pommel will come as a single piece as pictured here and will need to be cut apart.

th_sonic%20kit%20run_3_zpsmbnk1yyu.jpg

Pricing and Options:

• 11th / 12th Sonic kit: $375 + shipping
  • 11th/ 12th Completed Sonic: $475 + shipping
  • additional emitters: $12
  • additional handles: $10
  • Custom sound module using character options chip: $45
  • We are in the process of developing a new/lower cost Custom sound chip if you do not want to use a character options board. price TBA

Shipping is $10 for US customers, $35 for international customers.

Options: No additional cost
  • emitter/core: Standard color is marbled green, but if you choose, I can cast them in any color you wish.
  • Handle color: also available in any color
  • Leather: Black, Blue, Brown.

th_sonic%20kit%20run_4_zpsslebvgdx.jpg
th_sonic%20kit%20run_9_zpsryapfwzb.jpg
th_sonic%20kit%20run_10_zpscg16ufaa.jpg
th_sonic%20kit%20run_11_zps4bxtozct.jpg

Last edited:
This is awesome and I just wish I had the funds for this. I will just have to settle for your converted Wand Company 11th Sonic for the time being.

ok I'm in! this is great, even greater as it comes as a kit that we can have fun building!

Hey all, work has been keeping me busy so I fell behind on my PM's. Anyhow, kits require about a week leadtime after payment for casting an one or two small machined parts that I make to order, but other than that they are good to go.
can you sell parts separately???

unfortunately no, I cant sell parts separately, at least not the metal parts by themselves. I can do the resin parts separately no problem though.

Wow this looks really great! I'd definitely be interested. Is there anyway to make the claws spread out further though?

The bottoms of bracket holders can be filed down a bit for a further spread. and you would also need to file a little of the resin neck piece but its very doable.

On a semi related note, anyone interested in a shark eaten sonic for $195? Includes light and sound.

Last edited:
Hello Doctor Who and Sonic Fans.

For the past several weeks, Anakin Starkiller and I have been working to put together quite the unique project: An affordable 11th/12th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver KIT!

th_sonic%20kit%20run_8_zpstqlx7t4g.jpg
th_sonic%20kit%20run_7_zpsuhnldnnc.jpg

The goal for this project was to provide a relatively affordable sonic kit which provides the end user with the parts to build their owns sonic, but also provide enough wiggle room to engineer the build to their design in regards to how the sonic goes together as well as the electronics battery solution. In short, there is no one way to build the kit. However, a general guide will be provided to those who purchase a kit. That being said, I should note that this is a bit of an advanced build which will require some dremel work to separate some parts, and some minor hole drilling.

The difficult engineering has already been worked out with the entire upper section of the sonic and the extending action. The aluminum slider is designed to screw onto a threaded rod with a resin sleeve and aluminum stopper which results in a highly stable, and quite flickable sonic.

12th version with the solid pommel.

Copper plated aluminum was used as opposed to solid copper in order to maintain affordability for the run.

All metal parts are CNC machined, by the same shop that machines Anakin Starkiller’s lightsabers.

th_sonic%20kit%20run_1_zpsi5jeu35v.jpg

All parts pictured below will be included in your kit.
  • Central Brass tube
  • m6 hollow threaded rod
  • threaded Aluminum slider stop
  • Aluminum Slider
  • Upper copper cage
  • Middle cage washer
  • Lower copper cage
  • 4 copper struts
  • resin waist core
  • mid handle copper ring
  • white resin handle
  • pommel
  • 2 resin core pieces
  • resin emitter
  • 6mm momentary switch
  • white 3mm LED
  • all necessary hardware (springs, pins, screws, etc)
  • Copper wires (not pictured)
  • heatshrink tubing (not pictured)
  • leather (not pictured)

Note: The mid handle copper ring, lower copper cage, and pommel will come as a single piece as pictured here and will need to be cut apart.

th_sonic%20kit%20run_3_zpsmbnk1yyu.jpg

Pricing and Options:

• 11th / 12th Sonic kit: $375 + shipping
  • 11th/ 12th Completed Sonic: $475 + shipping
  • additional emitters: $12
  • additional handles: $10
  • Custom sound module using character options chip: $45
  • We are in the process of developing a new/lower cost Custom sound chip if you do not want to use a character options board. price TBA

Shipping is $10 for US customers, $35 for international customers.

Options: No additional cost
  • emitter/core: Standard color is marbled green, but if you choose, I can cast them in any color you wish.
  • Handle color: also available in any color
  • Leather: Black, Blue, Brown.

th_sonic%20kit%20run_4_zpsslebvgdx.jpg
th_sonic%20kit%20run_9_zpsryapfwzb.jpg
th_sonic%20kit%20run_10_zpscg16ufaa.jpg
th_sonic%20kit%20run_11_zps4bxtozct.jpg
Hey I would love to buy one if you still have any available

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back