Another iron man foam build, yikes!

Small update:

I re-designed the thighs again just trying to make them close to screen-accurate. Version 3.0...
MARK328.jpg

MARK329.jpg

Nice seeing how you do the foam. Never worked with it my self, but intrested in doing one for the kid. Keep it up.

Foam helmet work in progress. I used the $30 2-piece plastic IM helmet, cut them in pieces and used as templates.

MARK331.jpg

MARK332.jpg

MARK330.jpg

MARK333.jpg

MARK334.jpg

MARK335.jpg

That looks awesome man! I think u should prolly add some bent coat hangers In there to help the bottom part of the faceplate keep it's shape
But it's coming along rather nicely:)

awesome build! lovin' these foam iron men!

I know this has been discussed, by what price point are we looking at for these suits? I'm gunna have some free time ahead of me and thinkin this might be a great project, but like most of us, I am on a tight budget!

Also, awesome job with the thighs, the amount of detail u got into the 3rd set is fantastic. It'll really make the suit look just that much better (which it already looks fantastic)

awesome build! lovin' these foam iron men!

I know this has been discussed, by what price point are we looking at for these suits? I'm gunna have some free time ahead of me and thinkin this might be a great project, but like most of us, I am on a tight budget!

Also, awesome job with the thighs, the amount of detail u got into the 3rd set is fantastic. It'll really make the suit look just that much better (which it already looks fantastic)

Thanks for the comments, Egon!

So far i think i've spent a lil over $100: 5-7 rolls of foam, hot glue, magnets, velcro, Rosco Flexbond, etc... and i still need to buy paint, red undersuits, and electronics for the eyes & arc reactor...

Hey guys,

It's been awhile since i posted here. I'm done painting the suit and now i need to light up the chest, eyes and buy red undersuit. I posted a few pics of the suit. I will post better pics and me wearing it when i get my digital cam back asap.

Photo0298_EDIT.jpg

Photo0305_EDIT.jpg

Photo0311.jpg

very cool!
did you mod podge the suit before painting?
and did you seal it with anything?
because after i painted my Mark IV it started to peal /:
so i need to seal it somehow.

Thanks, kagn! Your IM build looks great!

warlickjacoby: I didnt use Mod Podge. I sealed mine w/ Rosco Flexbond before painting.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back