Anovos Star Wars orders being fullfilled by Denuo Novo

darthjones

Sr Member
eeeYUP, 7 years, but….

The Premiere Kylo costume is looming even larger now as the elephant in the room. All I am getting from them is that they “fully intend to produce it,” “that it is very complex,” “we don’t have a timeline yet,” and “we understand your frustration.”

Where have we heard that before?

I have a court order against Anovos for the full purchase price but they ignored it. That is the way they have always handled things but I have, like an idiot, chosen to wait for the DN version.

I could pursue the court decision but easier to wait for DN.

Unless they cant do it.

It is important for DN and Disney to realize and accept that they may lose lots of money completing it. And f#^*ing do it.

Denuo said at Celebration that their Kylo costume would be at Comic Con.

Not only was it not there but customer service said they knew nothing about it - and that they “may” have a timeline on it come December.

Sounds a lot like what we’re used to.

So is anyone here stupid enough yo still be waiting on complete costumes? Finished costumes like trooper or Vader or Kylo etc?

Yep. FOTK, here. Since people are starting to get theirs, I am, in fact, stupid enough to still be waiting on mine. But only for that one. I have zero expectations for the Kylo.
Wondering though - if DN got the license via agreeing to fulfill all Anovos orders I doubt there is any mechanism by which they can choose to just forget about it.

Yep. FOTK, here. Since people are starting to get theirs, I am, in fact, stupid enough to still be waiting on mine. But only for that one. I have zero expectations for the Kylo.
I suggest you email customer service, if you haven't done it already.

I had already contacted DN shortly after they announced the new company with my pending Anovos orders numbers + my current shipping address - not the shipping info I had on file when I initially ordered the items, and received a friendly acknowledgement from them. Shortly after, I signed up for an account on the DN website, with my current shipping info, and that was that.

When this past Spring I was seeing individuals receiving their merchandise and still had no news from DN, I tried logging into the DN website and my email could not be found. In other words, I wasn't registered. ?!?

I emailed DN CS, it took a day or two before I received a reply. The odd thing was that, despite having been in contact with them months earlier with my Anovos order numbers and current shipping address; they still had my old address on file. So the information I provided in my initial emails with DN never made it into their system.

I resent the correct shipping info, and a shipping confirmation email for both helmets came a few days after that.

I received 3 of my 5 remaining items from DN, and all of them came after I sent emails asking about them.

I don't think it's malicious, I just think the internal process of ordering directly from DN might be different than fulfilling old Anovos orders, and that fulfilling those orders might require more hands-on interventions.

Hope this helps.

I emailed them way back when and was assured I would be made whole. I never made an account, but now that folks are receiving their armor I made one and emailed them again. Time will tell.

I suggest you email customer service, if you haven't done it already.

I had already contacted DN shortly after they announced the new company with my pending Anovos orders numbers + my current shipping address - not the shipping info I had on file when I initially ordered the items, and received a friendly acknowledgement from them. Shortly after, I signed up for an account on the DN website, with my current shipping info, and that was that.

When this past Spring I was seeing individuals receiving their merchandise and still had no news from DN, I tried logging into the DN website and my email could not be found. In other words, I wasn't registered. ?!?

I emailed DN CS, it took a day or two before I received a reply. The odd thing was that, despite having been in contact with them months earlier with my Anovos order numbers and current shipping address; they still had my old address on file. So the information I provided in my initial emails with DN never made it into their system.

I resent the correct shipping info, and a shipping confirmation email for both helmets came a few days after that.

I received 3 of my 5 remaining items from DN, and all of them came after I sent emails asking about them.

I don't think it's malicious, I just think the internal process of ordering directly from DN might be different than fulfilling old Anovos orders, and that fulfilling those orders might require more hands-on interventions.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. I had been dealing with CS but just now made an account - asking too that my Anovos backorder maybe be listed in my "Order History."

- asking too that my Anovos backorder maybe be listed in my "Order History."
You know, I didn't even think about that. That's a good idea!
They didn't do it for me (I just checked to be sure) but it's free to ask.

The last thing they mentioned in that exchange was this "I have added all your orders to our shipping software to avoid further delays."

To me that was reassuring.

You know, I didn't even think about that. That's a good idea!
They didn't do it for me (I just checked to be sure) but it's free to ask.

The last thing they mentioned in that exchange was this "I have added all your orders to our shipping software to avoid further delays."

To me that was reassuring.
Yes, that would be very reassuring to read.

I almost at times wish DN had not accepted the Anovos backorders. I know it's not that simple but am also happy that some of you all are finally getting your orders.

As an aside, some folk here have suggested that the Kylo costumes will never be produced - but all indications are that it is not up to DN: I mean, how much more clearly could it have been stated here that Disney would not extend a license unless DN cleaned up and fulfilled all Anovos orders?

I just received a response from them on my FO trooper kit. They said that they are expecting another batch soon and should be shipping them out in a ‘few weeks”. So it would appear they didn’t get a dump of all needed but are getting them in batches and sending them out as they come.

FYI, I just received a very thorough response from DN that the Kylo costumes are in progress, taking a long time due to complexity, and that Kylo costume customers can expect to be contacted when things get closer to shipping.

It was clear - no time all that soon.

In the exchange we seemed to be appreciative at closing of each other's patience.

(yes, I have a patient side, believe it or not lol)

I emailed DN last week to ask about my FO armor order. They quickly replied to confirm my shipping address. Yesterday this was on my porch.

DNBox (Small).jpg

The last I heard from them was that they were actively working on the Kylo costume... but that was 14 months ago with not a peep since.

It seems a bit weird to me if they're citing "complexity" as a reason its taking them so long, since I recall Anovos sending off emails back in Oct 2020 showing photos of their final pre-production samples that had just been approved and given the go-ahead to begin mass production. If they're using existing Anovos work for their other products, I wonder why they had to seemingly restart this one from scratch, again (again).

Edit: I've just recieved the following email:
We just received an updated product calendar that confirms the Kylo Ren Ensemble is scheduled for manufacturing next year. We expect that we'll be able to begin shipping these ensembles to customers late 2023/early 2024. If you'd prefer not to wait that long, we can issue a swap or site credit. Otherwise, if you'd like to provide your shipping address/phone number, I'm beginning to add those to our system to avoid delays once the item is stocked (just ensure you let us know right away if the shipping address changes so we don't ship to the wrong address).

Thanks and MTFBWY!
Denuo Novo Customer Service

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back