Question anyone else getting a virus warning while visiting the site today?

been on twice today and both times i've had avast bring up a trojan horse warning, not happening anywere else, is there a new add or something setting it off, it doesn't happen once i sign in

Yes. It does it each time I go to a different thread, and its annoying as hell. I assume its a virus itself. I didn't click the link (personallybuild.co.cc) and I didn't find anything when I searched it on Google. Hopefully the staff will resolve this soon.

Re: Question, Site listed as suspicious by Google

What specific page generates the Google alert?

Okay, this is what hosed me up earlier. As I was replying to a thread, I got a java pop-up and things went screwy. The only thing that was on my screen were the two Sideshow ads. After dumping that page, the Java pop-up is now gone.

Maaaaybe it is something in those ads?

No virus warning but when I just posted something I got a notice that I need the newest version of Flash for Firefox.
Probably caused by the stupid banners at the top of the page.:unsure

No virus warning but when I just posted something I got a notice that I need the newest version of Flash for Firefox.
Probably caused by the stupid banners at the top of the page.:unsure
I posted this in another thread where my situation was similar. Mine was a Java update.

I read this thread and then clicked the RPF banner to return to the index--got a message from Norton about blocking an attempt to hack my computer, "high"/severe threat level. Same "personalbuild" site.:unsure

edit - got it a seond time browsing the Studio Scale section

screencap of the first time...
RPFblockl.jpg

Last edited:

I'm getting a malware warning any time I move from page to page.

Pro-active steps

1. Make sure your anti-virus is up to date
2. Make sure your other security applications (Malwarebytes etc) are up to date
3. Make sure your Java, Adobe and Flash are up to date

You can never be to careful with your internet extras like java, flash and adobe....they've been exploited before.

10:30 CST here running AVG 2011 and I've not received any warnings.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back