Apollo A7L Moon Suit

I've made a few fictional Apollo patches for my suit, based on an unplanned Apollo 24 mission. Here are three of my best ones (the names are removed obviously)
Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 3.45.14 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 3.45.24 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 3.45.32 AM.png

with this mission taking place in the 70s, I really wanted to emulate the feel of 70s optimism and aesthetics. I think the color contrasts well with silhouette. I definitely think the first one is still the best, despite using imagery from other artists.

Just began work on my wrist connectors, I scaled them down to 80% as I am quite small and this scale works well for me. Does anyone have any tips for the black ring that surrounds it on the exterior?

I originally used some elastic, but they’re definitely a rubber material on the originals. Some people dye large rubber bands, but I found Ranger Bands, which are a heavy black rubber band, and the XXL size worked perfectly for me. Maybe size down if you sized down your connectors.

I originally used some elastic, but they’re definitely a rubber material on the originals. Some people dye large rubber bands, but I found Ranger Bands, which are a heavy black rubber band, and the XXL size worked perfectly for me. Maybe size down if you sized down your connectors.
The connectors are looking a little too small now I look at them, does anyone know if the parts were custom machines for the astronaut in mind or all the same size

The connectors are looking a little too small now I look at them, does anyone know if the parts were custom machines for the astronaut in mind or all the same size
If I remember correctly, the real ones all had a 3.5” ID, but I’m sure you could go ∓0.5” without much issue.

Does anyone have any photos of the Apollo suits without the gloves on, but with someone inside the suit? I need to see if mine is oversized or not compared to me

No scaling of fittings, all connectors were the same size on the suits. The only exception that I know of is the glove disconnects on the A7L was around .5" smaller in diameter than the A7Lb.
Here are the dimensions of the gas fittings:
Flange Dia. 2.710"
Body Dia. 2.146"
ID (hole for elbow) 1.240"
Overall height (including flange) 1.232"

From what I’ve learned in so far is the Apollo suits have very pronounced shoulders, like wider at the biceps and slims down at the wrist locks

I've made a few fictional Apollo patches for my suit, based on an unplanned Apollo 24 mission. Here are three of my best ones (the names are removed obviously)View attachment 1812386View attachment 1812387View attachment 1812388
with this mission taking place in the 70s, I really wanted to emulate the feel of 70s optimism and aesthetics. I think the color contrasts well with silhouette. I definitely think the first one is still the best, despite using imagery from other artists.
These are awesome!! They look vintage and still modern!!

Here's my attempt at creating a neck ring mechanism, it's fairly similar functionally, but I know that it's not at all accurate to the real thing.

Here's my attempt at creating a neck ring mechanism, it's fairly similar functionally, but I know that it's not at all accurate to the real thing.
This is awesome too!

I’ve thought of this long and hard, and I think I will make an Apollo pressure suit before the beta cloth layer to prevent the baggy look I will make sure to include photos along my journey

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back