Arkham Asylum/City Grapple Gun VIDEO Build - Progress pic added

I got mine from Hobbylinc.com. It's a bit cheaper but watch out for shipping so it's probably a better deal only if you've got some other stuff you need.

Matt,

I've just discovered this thread and spent the last few hours reading through and watching all the vids.
I Just wanted to add my thanks and admiration for the time and effort you have put into producing them. I have never molded or cast anything in my life, but after following along you've inpired me to give it a try!
Thank you and merry Xmas :cool

Funny side story. In an earlier video, when I was making the sled for cutting the slots into the main body, I mentioned that I had lost both of my countersink drill bits. Well, when I was watching video number 36, I happened to spot one of them sitting in my x-acto box! See? These videos are even helpful to me!!!! :lol

No, it's called C.R.S. it's what happens as you get older. Just be careful it doesn't develop into C.R.A.F.T. ;)

Still working and filming! Got bogged down with some NYE stuff, and then found myself doing a last minute "hail mary" to finish a non-prop related project before 2012.

But back at it now! Though totally unexciting, here's a recent pic. These are a bunch of aluminum pins I cut. These will be used to pin parts of the grapple gun together.

pins.jpg

And here I thought RPF.com being highjacked scared you off till things got straightened out. I'm definitely glad it was'nt that. Good hearing from you again.

Definitely not!

The thing that actually derailed me was a photo scanning project. About four years ago, I gathered together into one place EVERY Munson family photo that existed. I purchased a very nice scanner, and got to work on them. When I moved to Ohio, I didn't want to transport all the photos with me, so I left them here, in CA.

Now that I'm back, and my house is ALL set up, I finally set my sights back on scanning those photos. It took A LOT of time, and is very painstaking work, but it's done now. I really wanted to get it done before 2012 hit, and I did.

But now back to the fun stuff!

My god, thank you for this. I wish there were more step by step build videos! I think everyone that can should film their processes. Little things, like raising parts off the paper with popsicle sticks before painting seems like a no brainer. But if you don't think of it yourself, watching these videos saves you tons of frustrations. I implore everyone to do more vids like this. Thanks Man

Thanks HandSolo! lol. I'm glad you are enjoying the videos. I am looking forward to putting this one behind me, that's for sure! I think it definitely would have gone a lot faster if I had skipped a ton of stuff. The popsicle thing is a good example. I was originally not intending to film that, but as I got to that part of the build, I was thinking "you know what? this might actually be useful information!!" so I went back inside, got the camera, and filmed it.

Matt, when using the belt sander, do you go by eye...or do you have a mark molded into the pieces to show where to stop sanding (if you know what I mean)? I'd be afraid of taking too much off.

Hey guys. I have a bit of an update that you'll probably all find pretty interesting.

So check this out. Lately I've been very busy building a number of props for a few independent film projects!! AS A RESULT OF MY VIDEOS, I was offered some work on a couple projects that are REALLY cool, and I'm very excited to be a part of.

Naturally, I can't really say anything about them right now, but one of my Arkham Grapple guns will be used!

What's interesting about this is that the director had some requests, which made me change direction on a few things. I'll post up a video shortly, as I'm done with one of the grapples. THIS is one of the reasons I built up three of them. I figured something might come along that would make me want to change gears.

Anyhow, really exciting times for me around here, and provides me with yet another great reason to keep making my videos!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back