Interest Arkham Knight Batman Cowl (3d Model) Update-Now Printing

Prints have arrived. I just need to clean and prep for molding.

image.jpeg

Keith

Not entirely sure. It would be reasonable. Probably be awhile before I get that far I tend to take my time as I do this more for the art, I'm not known for spitting things out.
The cowl for example is being molded tomorrow. Here are some pics of it.

Keith
View attachment 633791View attachment 633792
I know nothing about casting and was wondering why do you pait it before casting?
Looks beautiful

Sent From The Batcave

I know nothing about casting and was wondering why do you pait it before casting?
Looks beautiful

Sent From The Batcave

Not to speak for him but the silcone mold will pick up all those subtle changes in sheen and texture. And it will also show in the castings. I actually just popped in to remark about how beautiful this is looking and you are clearly going the extra mile here. So few seem to be wiling to do so nowadays and it hasn't gone unnoticed with me.

That's correct. The cowl will be urethane rubber and this will show up in each casting. Even when I experiment with trying to make it into a helmet the sheen should show up.

Not to speak for him but the silcone mold will pick up all those subtle changes in sheen and texture. And it will also show in the castings. I actually just popped in to remark about how beautiful this is looking and you are clearly going the extra mile here. So few seem to be wiling to do so nowadays and it hasn't gone unnoticed with me.

Thanks for compliment, I try to make things that reflect what was originally seen as close as possible. Takes a little longer, but to me it's worth it.

That's correct. The cowl will be urethane rubber and this will show up in each casting. Even when I experiment with trying to make it into a helmet the sheen should show up.

Thanks for compliment, I try to make things that reflect what was originally seen as close as possible. Takes a little longer, but to me it's worth it.
That's incredible I had no idea you can do that with casting.
If it's not to much to ask huddson would you be willing to tell me what brand of paint you use to get such beautiful results (understand if it's a secret) my cowl is all plastic helmet style a d would love to get the paint even half as good as yours :)

Sent From The Batcave

That's incredible I had no idea you can do that with casting.
If it's not to much to ask huddson would you be willing to tell me what brand of paint you use to get such beautiful results (understand if it's a secret) my cowl is all plastic helmet style a d would love to get the paint even half as good as yours :)

Lol, No secret. Being an art teacher and a believer in the RPF community it would be hypocritical for me to;). The one you see in the pictures was a print from Shapeways that had a bad off set so after cleaning it up with sandable primer I painted it up using Krylon SUPERMAXX flat black and Rustoleum gloss black, I would have gotten Krylon for the gloss if they had it in stock.

Keith

Lol, No secret. Being an art teacher and a believer in the RPF community it would be hypocritical for me to;). The one you see in the pictures was a print from Shapeways that had a bad off set so after cleaning it up with sandable primer I painted it up using Krylon SUPERMAXX flat black and Rustoleum gloss black, I would have gotten Krylon for the gloss if they had it in stock.

Keith
Thankyou for the feedback I'll definitely be using that combination on my cowl and shins. Really looking forward to seeing your cowl when it's all cast and ready

Sent From The Batcave

Not entirely sure. It would be reasonable. Probably be awhile before I get that far I tend to take my time as I do this more for the art, I'm not known for spitting things out.
The cowl for example is being molded tomorrow. Here are some pics of it.

Keith
View attachment 633791View attachment 633792

This looks absolutely gorgeous bro! I cant wait to see how it comes out. If mine ends up being half as good I'll be happy! As for spitting things out I can relate, been doing this on and off for a year, only just got the gauntlets/cowl printed.
Top notch stuff!! I have no doubt i'll be purchasing a few parts ifI want my suit finished before next year ;p

I've seen your cowl on Facebook and it looks amazing. When do you think you'll have finished the neck and shoulders by? And will it still be 275 USD?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back