Artsabers Issues: Help with non working Proffie Lightsaber

Yea removing fonts is actually as easy as just removing the folders you don’t want from the SD card. I would just create a copy of them on your pc though in case you ever need it and keep the names of the folders all the same.

Forgot to mention, if there are some Luke ROTJ fonts that you want on there that currently aren’t, you can add them by just replacing all the subfolders/files from one of the sound fonts you don’t want. You just need to keep the folder name the same.

So for example if you no longer want whatever is in the “Emperor” folder, you can just replace all of the files and subfolders with a different Luke ROTJ one, but keep the name “Emperor”.

If I can put this behind me, I think I will be more interested in learning. Honestly, I don’t want more fonts, I want less fonts. I’m not fan of the weird sounds and light effects. I really just want it to turn on and look and sound like Luke’s Return of the Jedi lightsaber in the movies. The only exception is that I like the music playing at times. It keeps me from having to hum along as I wield it.
Yes, but Party Foul, Proxima Centauri, and the Mouthsaber are all essentials. As are seasonal fonts like Hallowbeam and the Christmas ones.

Can I duplicate the card on another card by simply coping and pasting all files? I would like to keep the original card unmodified in case something important gets lost.

Yes you can do that, but you could also just literally copy every folder on the SD card to a folder in your pc desktop. Doesn’t need to be another SD card.

If I can put this behind me, I think I will be more interested in learning. Honestly, I don’t want more fonts, I want less fonts. I’m not fan of the weird sounds and light effects. I really just want it to turn on and look and sound like Luke’s Return of the Jedi lightsaber in the movies. The only exception is that I like the music playing at times. It keeps me from having to hum along as I wield it.
I am 100% the same way. I'll watch review videos on high-end LED lightsabers and the reviewer is going through all the features and it's like "This proffie saber can play 50 different quotes from the SW movies, it can play 25 different pieces of SW music, you can change the blade color to 3 dozen different shades...".

All I want is to press the power button and the blade lights up with the 'light-up' sound, then the hum with different hum pitches when I swing the saber around, give me a few different clash sound effects when the blade hits something, and then when I hit the power button again the blade will power down with the 'power down' sound. I will never want/need/use music, I will never want/need/use character/movie quotes, if it's a character lightsaber I will never change the color of the blade. I'd love to have a high-end super bright proffie lightsaber but I want it to work like a dumb Hasbro FX saber.

I am 100% the same way. I'll watch review videos on high-end LED lightsabers and the reviewer is going through all the features and it's like "This proffie saber can play 50 different quotes from the SW movies, it can play 25 different pieces of SW music, you can change the blade color to 3 dozen different shades...".

All I want is to press the power button and the blade lights up with the 'light-up' sound, then the hum with different hum pitches when I swing the saber around, give me a few different clash sound effects when the blade hits something, and then when I hit the power button again the blade will power down with the 'power down' sound. I will never want/need/use music, I will never want/need/use character/movie quotes, if it's a character lightsaber I will never change the color of the blade. I'd love to have a high-end super bright proffie lightsaber but I want it to work like a dumb Hasbro FX saber.

Yea same. I actually remove all of the quotes from the folders because I never want those randomly playing or even when I boot up the saber I don't want those on. Only quote I leave on there is for switching between sound fonts so I know which is which. Especially, in this case of a Luke Skywalker lightsaber where I have several to choose from such as the cave scene, normal ROTJ, Mando, TLJ, etc.

Also, music is kind of nice occasionally, but yea that's about it. I have zero interest in all of the weird fonts like the pod-racer ones.

How do you get the quotes to play in proffie?

So, to be honest, I'm actually not sure how to get quotes to play unless they are within the "force" effects folder (I forget the exact name of that folder).

However, if they are within the force effects folder, typically you just do a "long press" on the power button, basically hold it for like 2 seconds and release, and that will play whatever is in there. Often there are some quotes there.

Outside of that, I'm not sure if there's another way to get quotes to play when they are only within their own folder. I'm sure someone would know better than me.

So, to be honest, I'm actually not sure how to get quotes to play unless they are within the "force" effects folder (I forget the exact name of that folder).

However, if they are within the force effects folder, typically you just do a "long press" on the power button, basically hold it for like 2 seconds and release, and that will play whatever is in there. Often there are some quotes there.

Outside of that, I'm not sure if there's another way to get quotes to play when they are only within their own folder. I'm sure someone would know better than me.
I’m still green to all this, I need to do more homework

New info. After remembering that I had a phone number to go with the address, I reached out with a text. Apparently the guy who has it is from CCSabers and he did reply with a video of the fixed lightsaber that he is about to send back.

so to sum up…
ArtSabers… Boo!
CCSabers… Yay!

I ended up getting that Artsaber earlier this year. Thinking I should have waited, but you, you get all excited and just do it.
But, reading directions, watching videos, I can't seem to get the thing to charge.
I plug in the usb-c cord, and the lady says, charging....bariting (or something like that) bump directory.
It says that over and over.
Recently, and hoping it was charging, I left it like that for a few hours.
Its SO loud, I had to run an extension cord into the closet, with the saber inside a box under towels to dampen the sound.
I could still hear it in the room.
Funny enough, the cats totally flip out when hearing that.
The girl cat Penny, ran up and started biting me and the saber. Really weird.

Anyways, not sure if I doing something wrong, or whatever. Pushing any of buttons didn't change a thing. And to turn that volume down....
After all the time charging, it apparently didn't charge, and when you hit the button, it just says that, bariting bump directory.
Heres a little video so anyone can see what I mean...and poor Phil. They really hate that sound.

New info. After remembering that I had a phone number to go with the address, I reached out with a text. Apparently the guy who has it is from CCSabers and he did reply with a video of the fixed lightsaber that he is about to send back.

so to sum up…
ArtSabers… Boo!
CCSabers… Yay!
Glad this is turning into a positive ending

I just want to reiterate that Carl at CCSabers is great to work with. If I ever get brave enough to buy another fx type lightsaber, he will get my business. He sent me repair videos and I hop in a week, I will have a working hilt in hand.

I want to make sure people understand my disgust with ArtSabers. I understand that any product from any manufacturer can have functional issues. My problem is their communication and customer support. Prior to ordering, I emailed a couple of times with questions about the product. Those emails were quickly answered within 24 hours. After the order and when I received a non working hilt, the replied took 5 to 7 days. I would get a reply about them passing on the info to the repair team but nothing ever happened. It was not till I discovered the issue (with help from folks here) that I was finally given instructions to send in for repair. After that, I never got any communication or response to emails. Even some sort of canned statement like; “We have your hilt and it is currently in work. It usually takes 3 weeks for items to be shipped.“ Something… any response would have been welcome just to ease my stress.

Okay new problem.

I got the hilt back from the repair tech and it works but now my original attempt to fix the problem is coming back to bite me in the ass.

The guy who tried to resolve the problem by switching out the pcb has caused an issue. The blade no longer sits as low as it did with the original pcb. This is keeping me from being able to use the four set screws to lock the blade in place. The screws hit the rubber ring instead. I think this ring and pcb needs to drop about 1/8”. Thoughts ?

Attachments

• IMG_8523.jpeg
    IMG_8523.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back