AT-ST: Between two logs (FINISHED)

I like how the logs have turned out.
Now to finish up the top of the head piece. Trying a few ideas, that I'll post once I get it worked out.
Hopefully I can finish pretty soon as I need to get working on a trunk of treat display for Halloween, and figure its easier to just have this finished and out of the way.
20231007_195540.jpg

The logs look great and the crushing effect is coming out nicely

if you were interested in added some fireball/explosion effects the most common method is with some cotton balls

there are tons of video tutorials on youtube for that

The logs look great and the crushing effect is coming out nicely

if you were interested in added some fireball/explosion effects the most common method is with some cotton balls

there are tons of video tutorials on youtube for that
Thanks. I was thinking of something like that. haven't gotten that far yet. And I don't want to over do it to cover too much, so its a bit tricky.
Adding lights inside helps, but they would have to be pretty small.
Even though Halloween is 3 weeks away, trying to knock out a bunch of stuff to make sure everything I'm planning is all ready, and then I'll continue back on this. In just two days, I've edited 26 minutes of video, which will be part of the Halloween Trunk or Treat project.
In the meantime, my brain is still picking apart this project as well.

I can't believe its been a whole two months since I've done anything with this guy. Just you know, between Halloween stuff, and the life stuff, and then the big one, getting re-motivated to work on it again.
So got all the main head pieces glued together, logs screwed in to see how it would work.
Its a bit wobbly, but it is actually holding and still, as long as there is no movement.
1000012044.jpg

The gun on the chin area, in the movie, it just kind of disappears between a frame. I think it probably broke off and flew off screen
1000012045.jpg

I think thats the gun. If I watch it in slow motion, can probably tell, just haven't done that yet. I'll keep might glued on at an angle, like it might be able to snap off at any second.
1000012048.jpg

I've also mentioned elsewhere, that some friends just moved to Costa Rica and gave me a bunch of stuff. Some to hold for them, and some to have, like this big shelf that I repainted white. I plan to put it over top the monitors amd move the Agents of Shield logo next to the Jurassic Park logo. I'll probably get Back to the Future logo to balance it out, eventually. Really trying to find a job now.
1000012046.jpg

So all this stuff can go on the shelf, which is twice as long as this and was only meant to be temporary anyways.
1000012047.jpg

For now, got to wait for it to fully dry, and then probably will need some touchups.

Another thing they gave me with this paint compressor, which is worth like $750 and these airbrushes.
He said all it should need is the hoses, which I'll get one of these days.
Almost afraid to even try it out.
1000012049.jpg

I did see the sizes, but thats all I have, and money is extremely tight right now.
Maybe, if the rope can untwine a little.
Overall, probably best I'll be able to get it.
Any good hardware store has different kinds...for the smaller one, I would try to see if a fabric store could have it:unsure:

I could see the twine could be untied, and was hoping I could use that for a thinner piece, but, it just ended up fraying instead.
1000012093.jpg

So instead, taped the top end up here, twisted it around and around to get it tighter and smaller, taped the bottom, then coated it with this clear tacky glue.
I'm thinking that will keep it together yet still bendable enough to go around the log so at least some of its the smaller size. We'll see by tomorrow when its totally dry.
1000012097.jpg

That airbrush setup you were gifted is gonna do you a treat. I was scared of mine too at first, but you WILL conquer and master it, and you'll be very pleased with your results. Your progress on this diorama is excellent, never seen this done before. I sympathize with your employment plight, I sail the very same waters as you. Good luck to both of us!

That airbrush setup you were gifted is gonna do you a treat. I was scared of mine too at first, but you WILL conquer and master it, and you'll be very pleased with your results. Your progress on this diorama is excellent, never seen this done before. I sympathize with your employment plight, I sail the very same waters as you. Good luck to both of us!
Thanks.
Yeah, the unemployment, vs health has been really tricky, with this year being the worst so far.
Just made a post in the off topic section in that there is light at the end of the tunnel....looks like it anyways.
So yeah, good luck as well. The increase of prices for EVERYTHING sure hasn't helped either.

Since I'm still up and this dried pretty fast already, went to try it out.
Probably could be a tad thinner, but I'm going to go with it being close enough.
So I cut off the big loop on the right and added this new piece in place.
I like that the tacky glue still lets it be flexable, but also stiff enough and keeps the fuzziness down.
1000012099.jpg

I'll add another piece more on the left side. While its not screen accurate exactly, its pretty close at least.
I like that, as far as I can tell, no one has ever done a model like this before, which is interesting that not more have.

I'm having to glue every little part together with superglue and hold it with the scissors like this.
1000012100.jpg

Ewoks are like natures boy scouts in a way, except that they don't know any fancy knots to tie and just make a jumbled mess to get it tied....lol. Works for me.
I guess I better try and get some sleep, as I have to leave for another doctor appointment in 8 hours as of right now.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back