audio modules

ydeardorff

Hello,
I used the search tool and came up with nothing.
Im looking for an audio module that is extremely tiny that I can load wav files onto.
The idea is when putting on an iron man helmet and closing the face plate, jarvis will say something inside the mask.
I have torn apart the toy darth vader mask (years ago) and found a small chip module that contained the wav files. It was about the size of a quarter. Something like this would be perfect for many other props should it be found or available.
The idea is to have a super small chip that simply plays a sound when the face plate closes and the eyes power up. It can be one wav file or several. But it has to fit inside the helmet while a person is wearing it.
Let me know if you have any ideas.
Thanks.
Yaughn

Thats outstanding! Thanks for that. I love being in a group of people that can see beyond the packaging of something.
You wouldnt beleive the greif I get on other forums when I talk about sourcing parts from other things to add to a car, motorcycle or even a quadcopter.

Now if I can only find a visible overlay for the eyes that looks like this (and is in focus)
mark_v04_heads_up_display_by_dark_freemen.jpg

Motorcycles now have super tiny (inside the helmet) hud displays but of course you cant change the imagery. So its of little use.

I hae been playing with optics from a HUD project for my car. I have a large assortment of lenses, perhaps I might be able to cook something up. Not animated of course, just a static overlay on the eyes with a focal distance a few feet away.

Last edited:
Hello,
I used the search tool and came up with nothing.
Im looking for an audio module that is extremely tiny that I can load wav files onto.
The idea is when putting on an iron man helmet and closing the face plate, jarvis will say something inside the mask.
I have torn apart the toy darth vader mask (years ago) and found a small chip module that contained the wav files. It was about the size of a quarter. Something like this would be perfect for many other props should it be found or available.
The idea is to have a super small chip that simply plays a sound when the face plate closes and the eyes power up. It can be one wav file or several. But it has to fit inside the helmet while a person is wearing it.
Let me know if you have any ideas.
Thanks.
Yaughn

http://store.bigdawgspromo.com/product_info.php?cPath=492&products_id=12955

Not sure if this is too big, it give you up to 200 seconds of sound. I use the five button
version in my builds that need sound. I used two in my Moebius B-9, here is the youtube video.
Hope this helps....$13 Sound Player.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Build-A-Bear workshops offer little sound chips they can insert into your teddy bear (I have 2 young daughters, don't judge :)) that have pre-recorded messages. I THINK they can also be customized to say whatever you want but not sure. Might be worth a look if all other avenues don't pan out.

Bill

Adafruit sells a few different versions of sound modules:
I plan on using this one in a ray-gun: https://www.adafruit.com/products/2210

It's not super tiny, but small enough for most projects. They sell a smaller one without a connected amplifier.
It is dirt easy to use also, just load a few files and press one of the buttons. They have a full guide on using it.

Do any of these work with a Mac system? I bought something like one of these a few years ago but they are strictly Windows-based...

Back