Avengers: Endgame (Pre-release)

Marvel just posted a slightly updated version.
ACBBD19C-1C28-4078-B88A-658E0D9999FE.jpeg

Sooo... who thinks the girl Hawkeye is training with the bow is his daughter (who would not be that old by now) or.... Kate Bishop?

Intermissions are for the weak. :lol:

No, really, though. I hate the interruption in story flow and momentum that comes with intermissions.
Grand epic movies used to be designed with intermissions occurring at a natural break in the story. Not all stories lend themselves to this structure which supports a kind of movie we don't really see anymore.

The best David Lean epics were told this way. The classic example is Lawrence of Arabia - there's no better way to tell that story. The first half tells his rise and the second half is basically his fall. In fact the whole first half could be a standalone film.

I think Endgame could be great with this structure - first half is reconstructing a team and the second half being the challenge to Thanos. I want to see that.

Last edited:
Is Gamora holding a StarForce pistol?

That is Nebula's own pistol that she used briefly to stun Rocket in the forest during the Ravager ambush in Guardians Vol 2.

The top cowl has an similar aesthetic, with the addition of the rounded rectangular vents near the emitter being very much like Star Lord's blasters which suggests Nebula's pistol could have originally belonged to one of the Ravagers.

I will get popcorn in the theater but nothing to drink- don't want to have to leave for a bathroom break just when things are getting good.

BTW- not sure if it is still around, but there was a phone app which you would set for the movie and when it starts, it would inform you when a non-essential moment was coming in the film so you could leave without missing something important.

I love the fact some movies are getting longer than the 97 minutes or so- it makes fewer showings in the theater but sometimes you need a longer film to tell a good story. I try to get the Director's Cut editions when available on disc- they do run longer than the theatrical cuts most of the times. Oddly enough the Director's Cut of Alien runs shorter- they forced Ridley Scott to make one for the anniversary and while he did add some deleted scenes (like the Dallas-Egg one) he tightened up the rest of the movie and cut some beauty shots as well.

I am really looking forward to seeing Endgame- I was avoiding watching the Infinity War until the second half was closer to release but my Son managed to find a way around that...

Last edited:
That is Nebula's own pistol that she used briefly to stun Rocket in the forest during the Ravager ambush in Guardians Vol 2.

The top cowl has an similar aesthetic, with the addition of the rounded rectangular vents near the emitter being very much like Star Lord's blasters which suggests Nebula's pistol could have originally belonged to one of the Ravagers.

Oh yep I see that now.

Rumour has it "Endgame" is looking at a 3 hour runtime and may have an interval. Bring it on!!!

The last time I remember there being an intermission was about 40 years ago with Excalibur. I hope it follows that so that a movie doesn't have to be "just a movie" but more of an event.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back