Avengers: Endgame (Pre-release)

Really liked Marvel's angle with this trailer (no money shot and very little clues as to where the story is going). I think it's the most singular and intriguing teaser for a major superhero movie since Batman Begins.

However, and I know that no one in the general audience will really care about this, but I couldn't help notice that Steve's compass is noticeably different from the one he had in The First Avenger and The Winter Soldier and it bugs the hell out of me. It's one of these little objects that pop up in multiple movies, that is of significant importance for a main character and they couldn't manage to reuse the same prop or at least get a similar compass if they had to remake it ? I know that I sound like a crazy person obsessing over such small things, but it's typically the lack of attention to details that catches my attention.

Anyways, as always with Marvel Studios, I'm really looking forward to this one.

Last edited:
oh yeah.gif

Really liked Marvel's angle with this trailer (no money shot and very little clues as to where the story is going). I think it's the most singular and intriguing teaser for a major superhero movie since Batman Begins.

The Batman Begins teaser is one of my all time favorite teasers! Did such a good job showing nothing about Batman until a literal split second at the end.

I was watching some reaction videos and it seems a lot of folks have a problem with the title - I’m not sure they get that it’s a chess reference. It’s an appropriate analogy. I like it. Is it just too spot-on?

Last edited:
I was watching some reaction videos and it seems a lot of folks have a problem with the title - I’m not sure they get that it’s a chess reference. It’s an appropriate analogy. I like it. Is it just too spot-on?

I know some people were surprised they wouldn't release the title earlier when it ended up being a title that people assumed months ago. They also flat out said it wasn't going to be called Endgame.

I figure it's more of a reference to the Doctor Strange line, where they "lose" against Thanos on Titan, which puts them "...in the end game now"

Last edited:
I believe he is currently considered "War Machine". Iron Patriot is traditionally the version painted in red white and blue.

The trailer was so different for Marvel! Very dark...and perfect, after the events of Infinity War.

I liked how they didn't show much of the actual plot. Just some little things to pick up on, like Shuri being listed among the missing and Clint as Ronin (I admit that probably 90% of my excitement following the trailer was "RONIN!!!!"). Very excited to see it when it comes out.

First teaser for Avengers 4 came out six days ago:

Kinda want to keep discussion of this film in here and not in the Infinity War thread. Yeah, the stories are more closely tied together than previous MCU outings, but they're still distinct chapters.

Thoughts? Feels? Reactions? Criticism? Speculation? I don't know if I should change the thread title to reflect the teaser's revealed film title, or if that'd be too spoiler-y at this point...? I will say that, of all the likely possibilities being bandied about, I am seriously disappointed that seems to be the title Marvel/the Russos went with. I saw that speculated back right after IW hit, based on Strange's comment to Tony, and quickly demurred by the Russos. They said the specualted "Avengers 4ever" one fan put out there was "the closest so far", which led to some figuring it would be "Eternity War" -- a nice bookend to Infinity, sensical given the hints at time-travel, and at the very least an easter egg nod to the Marvel character of Eternity, whom Thanos replaced in the original Infinity Gauntlet story... So to have it all loop back to this feels... weak.

Apart from that really minor niggle, I am so, so eager for this. I won't get into all the little things I noticed that I'm wondering about and looking forward to seeing what's up until I know I won't be blathering spoilers about unwanted. I don't know how many people might be avoiding everything to go in blind-ish (in which case, what the heck are you doing in a discussion thread about the movie that won't be out for almost six months? :p )

I'm really looking forward to exactly how they're gonna hit all the known stuff that has to happen, but the general outcome seems pretty set to me. Team reassembles in one or various groups. team is able to defeat Thanos while he's weakened/thinks he's all done. Team gains control of the stones and undoes at least the vast majority of what Thanos did. Captain America dies (Probably being the one to ultimately "snap" things right).

That said, TONs of wiggle room in there for all kinds of other events.

Clint in the Ronin suit... That was the main thing I got out of the trailer.

I am curious how they're going to "solve" and survive the events of the last film, and how the time travel will go. They rebuilt so many old sets. It's going to be interesting.

Just thinking... they say a 30 sec commercial on the Super Bowl roughly costs 5 million dollars...

That’s a expensive trailer...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back