Question Banner Graphic?

exoray

Master Member
Why the change in the long standing Star Wars 'Replica Prop Forum' banner? What was the point?
wtf_01.jpg

Prep for vB4. While we are working on a new unified light and dark theme for the software upgrade (since the old styles become obsolete and can't be ported) we are rebuilding the Star Wars theme for the upgrade (since so many love it and would riot if we didn't include it) and this was a part of that rebuild. Good eye.

Prep for vB4. While we are working on a new unified light and dark theme for the software upgrade (since the old styles become obsolete and can't be ported) we are rebuilding the Star Wars theme for the upgrade (since so many love it and would riot if we didn't include it) and this was a part of that rebuild. Good eye.

So why rebuild and redo the graphic? I see no reason the old graphic can't simply be ported as is...

Porting the old was certainly an option, but given the old graphic's more pixelated look, it seemed a bit jarring against the newer layout.

PM Sent

Thanks to Exoray for the initial help and a big thanks to Chris Trevas for the new rebuild, we now have a quality rebuild of the graphic.

Or you could ask the guy that made it ;)

I may be able to find the original... It's been a while but I'll see if I can dig it up then no doctoring would have to be done at all. I made it at the size you see it but of course saved it to balance quality and file size for the time.

Well, I haven't yet found the exact final version but this is essentially the same graphic with a variation - Vader was slightly rotated in this one. I always wind up with a bunch of variations... I probably have a back-up of a back-up somewhere that has the true "final" version... I like the color of the original better though I think. That may be me just being obsessive (surprise, surprise) :$

This is a transparent png version.

logo3.png

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back