Batman Begins Ninja Suit

Not to sound... you know, but Liam Neeson looked darn good in that Ninja outfit. Just seemed to suit him very well. Plus, he kinda had that Stephen K. Hayes (in his heyday) kinda-thing goin'. Neeson was BEYOND perfect for that role. D*** good job, Qui-Gon. Big ups.

Originally posted by Durasteel Corporation@Sep 23 2005, 06:02 AM
In a couple of weeks, I will have something "in hand" that will be very cool.  Its not a reproduction.  :D    Im making a metal repro for the owner.
[snapback]1082199[/snapback]​

PLEASE keep me informed Durasteel

To be clear, the original is not something I am going to offer.

Only hand made/ from scratch metal repros; gotta keep me word to the owner. :) But I hope it will look very close and Ill take some pics of my version to show you guys.

Originally posted by Prop-Maker@Sep 21 2005, 07:16 AM
Not to sound... you know, but Liam Neeson looked darn good in that Ninja outfit. Just seemed to suit him very well. Plus, he kinda had that Stephen K. Hayes (in his heyday) kinda-thing goin'. Neeson was BEYOND perfect for that role. D*** good job, Qui-Gon. Big ups.
[snapback]1080764[/snapback]​

It reminded me of concept art of TPM, where Qui-Gon is in a training outfit. Sorta made by Hasbro: http://www.rebelscum.com/potjquigonarmor.asp

Geeez i haven't heard the name Stephen K. Hayes in such along time.I always wanted to move to Ohio to study under him. I agree the Ninja suit in BB looked awesome.. Liam wore it well.

I'd love to see some repros of the guantlets especially. I have some good pics of some screen used ones if anyone would like to host them for me.

I've been thinking of making some since seeing them at the prop showing in Toronto. I'm just starting to work with resin, though, so I need a little practice and info on what resins are best to use, maybe some help finding pricing. Already been practicing with the Klean Klay.

Got my picture taken leaning against the side of the tumbler/batmobile that day, too. If I wasn't already in love with the movie, that would have sealed it anyways. What are folk's thoughts on the gauntlet "blades"- resin, some kind of rubber?

Are we looking for accurate raised pattern on the gauntlet, too? Or just flat, smooth panels?

I'm starting to sculpt, but it won't be finished right away. I want to take the time to get it right and be sure my fiberglass/resin skills are good enough to do it justice. Any thoughts on the best medium to make the spikes in? Fiberglass, resin, other?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back