Batsuit: Arkham Origins V2

Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Build - Version 2.0

Ah, So it is then used as a last detailer to open up the scores? Like, let's say I cut a line on a foam, then gently heat it until the line begins to open up.
i.e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aviRfQq8dS4 (2:33)

Yes. It's also used to close up the cells of the foam. Gives you a smoother surface and is ready for additional sealers to be added prior to paint(i.e.plastidip, mod podge, PVA glue, wood glue)

I keep looking through this thread and I am just so impressed every time with how it has all come together and how great it looks so far! I can't wait to see the finished product. I also saw that you are making a Batman Beyond suit for your son! Awesome! It looks great! I'm kind of at a stand-still with my suit right now as I figure out a shoulder/neck piece (your previous build has helped me try to wrap my head around it). I can't wait for you to post pictures of the pieces and process for building the ribs, legs, and boots! Seeing your pieces helps me out SO much! Can't wait!

Aligning and tightening the bicep/tricep armor as well as have added weathering to both pieces.
Also decided to toughen up my gauntlets and added a layer of terraflex. Game accurate Battle Damage in progress.

[url]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5728/21573878708_9c62cbf178_c.jpg[/url]Untitled by Jerry Adams, on Flickr
Been watching your build progress its looking awsome you have some excellent skills love the atention to detail finish is bang on [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Didn't get a lot of images at NYCC but the ones I managed to scrap up were decent. My first con, with my beautiful wife and kids.
I'll still be making a few more posts as due to time constraints I did cut a few corners on the last couple pieces. I'll be remaking the legs armor, boot covers and rib armor soon.

Untitled by Jerry Adams, on Flickr

Only had a couple mins tonight to work on it. Carved out and added the sliding switch to the opposite side of the gauntlet and a little panel where the bolts will be attached. Threw on a light coat of plastidip. Came out nice. Almost done with the gauntlet. I'm pretty damn happy with the results. So much better and easier to construct than my old ones and much more accurate to the game model.
View attachment 454851View attachment 454850View attachment 454849View attachment 454848

If you don't mind, I have two questions: Did you plastidip before or after you glued on the Velcro on the straps and the straps to the gauntlet? I'm always fearing this chemical reaction that would destroy the gauntlet.

If you don't mind, I have two questions: Did you plastidip before or after you glued on the Velcro on the straps and the straps to the gauntlet? I'm always fearing this chemical reaction that would destroy the gauntlet.
I always add the straps after plastidip and paint. Depending on the adhesive it could cause a reaction. Superglue no issue. Contact cement can start to mess with the dip but just be percise on where your gluing. Or you can use the sticky back Velcro. Which is what I do on my gauntlets.

Ok, just "Wow" ! Unbelievable ! That's amazing. You did a great job you can be proud of it ! You and your family are wonderful ! Congratulations !

Here is a cool stand alone pic my wife was able to snap of me at the very end of the con. Man I was exhausted and oh so glad I didn't have to use the bathroom the whole time. Lol

looks good!!
Thanks man!
Awesome! Great work on the texture, how'd you do it? (If you don't mind revealing your magician's tricks that is :p )
Not at all. i hate it when people try to keep their techniques a secret. I came here to share my work and learn from others so here is how I did it. I simply laid down 4 coats of mod podge. Then 3 of plastidip. Then I got one of those rolls of drawer liners from Walmart and pinned it to the surface of my boot covers to use as a stencil. When I had it pinned down I then used my airbrush and sprayed some charcoal grey acrylic I mixed up. It's not perfect but it kinda gives it a carbon fiber look. I definitely like it better than just black.

Last edited:

Yeah it's definitely a great effect and like you say, much more interesting than just black, but not too overt.

I forgot to post my design process for those interested. First took to sketching on paper.
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/497/20476909555_cb89bb3882_z.jpgUntitled by Jerry Adams, on Flickr

Then I took a picture of my mannequin and started sketching on it via my iPhone until I got a design I was happy with.
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3751/20290251919_8c2c71d674_z.jpgUntitled by Jerry Adams, on Flickr

Then I covered half my mannequin torso in duct tape and drew the templates I wanted to make and cut them out... Traced them to card stock.. Then finally to foam.
Unfortunately I didn't photograph that process but hopefully if you have a mannequin you know what I mean. Hope that's helpful to someone. Now to start on the abdomen...

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/460/19870767034_cc3717d13c_z.jpgUntitled by Jerry Adams, on Flickr

i can get that you sketch the ideas first and then make them, but I have two questions: did you cut the pectorals in two sections and glue them together? And I'm trying to get my biceps to bend in two directions as well, how did you manage to do that? And Please, let me know if I'm too needy.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back