Bespin Carbonite Chamber 1:6 Build

Thanks guys! Got our life sized Han in Carbonite scanned and sorted. Couldn’t get a good scan in 1 go so I merged several together and sculpted the transitions. I’m using the same carbonite container I built for my set since the scans of the container turned out pretty rough. Anyway, did a quick render with similar lighting to the movie image. He’s ready to print when I get to that stage.
1724517008441.png

1724517520418.jpeg
1724518087795.jpeg

Got the top greeblies and jet fins in the top and bottom and thanks to flimzy, I’ve got some control panels to throw on the digital Hic to accommodate my impatience to see what the near-end result is gunna look like.

1724869107428.jpeg

1724869129328.jpeg

1724869142077.jpeg

Danny over at RSW got his hands on a legit Volvo dash and disassembled it so for the final product I can try my hand at rebuilding it in solidworks… well bc I want to.

1724870886382.jpeg

I’ve started rebuilding some of the control panel greeblies as well. I’m bouncing back and forth between Han and the chamber so I’ve still got a ways to go.

Sooo… got really impatient and wanted to see something physical.. super happy with the first go at printing this guy. Have to do some sculpting by hand to get rid of deeper print lines and such but it shouldn’t take too long. Big thanks to Dan(redman2187)!
1725541310421.jpeg

1725541099581.jpeg

Also did a lot of detail updates to the chamber all over the place, especially the ceiling fixtures and too many to point out individually so here’s a shot from the chamber floor.

1725541510261.jpeg

Oh yes! That Han-in-carbonite + Boba Fett is great and I cannot imagine the size of that set when finished:eek::eek:(y)(y)
I think that the Pepsi/Coke can should be, first, in the clamps of that main chamber...for size:p:cool::cool:

Lol, if you made the floor at the right size, you could lower a can of Pepsi into it, cool it with a refrigeration system, then the claw slowly lowers down and pulls it back up. Boom! Worlds coolest and least useful refrigerator! :cool:

Oh yes! That Han-in-carbonite + Boba Fett is great and I cannot imagine the size of that set when finished:eek::eek:(y)(y)
I think that the Pepsi/Coke can should be, first, in the clamps of that main chamber...for size:p:cool::cool:
This facility is crude, but it should be adequate to chill Coke and Pepsi for the Emperor’s tailgate party, tonight.
Lol, if you made the floor at the right size, you could lower a can of Pepsi into it, cool it with a refrigeration system, then the claw slowly lowers down and pulls it back up. Boom! Worlds coolest and least useful refrigerator! :cool:
Yep, Diet Coke isn’t the coolest drink to put next to him but it gets the point across I guess… and I’m game for some useless antics! Maybe once I get this thing to my liking, I can make something fun with parts of it to make it functional for everyday shenanigans.

Fixed some of the pin holes in his hand and chest and fixed some of the dull spots in the carbonite texture.

1725584342807.jpeg

Started working on the elevator platform a bit and printed the greeblies and jet fins.

1726262735391.jpeg

1726262814394.jpeg

Also got finished with the base model of the control panels. Initially I was keeping the control panels as accurate as possible but as you’ll see below, the test print proved that the thin parts of the control panels were going to be a problem when scaled down.

1726262841704.jpeg

So I beefed up a lot of the features of the model and tried to draw out some of the smaller features to give it more character at that scale.

1726262953533.jpeg

1726262967840.jpeg

1726262980670.jpeg

Probably go for another test print and then I’ll start building each panel with its respective greeblies.

Saw your updates on Facebook - are you planning to offer these pieces as a kit?

Danny started posting this build on FB and since then he’s had a few people ping him about the same thing. We’ll see. His shop is a busy place with a ton of various ongoing projects so I think if we were to do anything, it would be very limited. Right now I’m laser focused on bringing this chamber to life ;) Thanks for checking it out!

Back