Blade Runner ID comparisons

<div class='quotetop'>(dropshipbob @ Sep 26 2006, 04:10 PM) [snapback]1326864[/snapback]</div>
Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

[/b]
^LOLZ.^

I'll see your:
Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

And raise you a:

Just thought I'd give the horse a few more kicks.

wallet%20back.jpg

wallet%20back11.jpg

The wallet like a brown suede leather in these pics, not a shiny black leather.

:confused

Thats just the photo - the lighting is well off...

More interestingly there is a thread at propcircle where someone has discovered that the photo on Phils ID is not as unique as previously thought.
It appears as though the photo came from either an old Starburst magazine or an issue of Photoplay from the 80's
Franz Bolo made an animated gif to show the similarities between the two...

deckardms8.gif

Franz - I hope it's okay to use your photo. Please PM if it's not okay and I'll remove it.

Anson

No problem, BeastMaster posted the similarities on PropCircle. I personally think the base photo is the one used in the magazine.

The photo could have came from a photoshoot on set. I guess we need to find out when the photo was taken (before or after filming). I found it odd that the image is reversed just like the Photoplay magazine.

FB

<div class='quotetop'></div>
Thats just the photo - the lighting is well off... [/b]

What does this mean? Lighting is off? That ain't gonna make a smooth shiny black leather wallet look like soft brown suede leather. :angel

deckardms8.gif

Nice work franz. I've said it before, I'll say it again, I think the photo has been altered so it's not a perfect Harrison Ford face, for a reason. :love

Njc-------------------

I had this arguement before a long time ago, so to clairfy my meaning is, and I get this from the sequel books not the movie, the replicants are made from "templants", human beings who are used as the base for the replicant model, and sometimes the replicants don't perfectly match thier templants.

Other folks felt it was an effort to make him look younger, and sure, could be that way.

However, since the photo is from an ID that is now in question, you gotta wonder what the actual screen used ID looked like. :unsure

<div class='quotetop'>(Noeland @ Sep 29 2006, 04:33 PM) [snapback]1328734[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>
Thats just the photo - the lighting is well off... [/b]

What does this mean? Lighting is off? That ain't gonna make a smooth shiny black leather wallet look like soft brown suede leather. :angel

deckardms8.gif

Nice work franz. I've said it before, I'll say it again, I think the photo has been altered so it's not a perfect Harrison Ford face, for a reason. :love

Njc-------------------
[/b][/quote]

When I said the lighting was off I meant the photo is overly red (should have just said bad photo) a photo with a red hue will make a black wallet look brown.

<div class='quotetop'>(AnsonJames @ Sep 29 2006, 02:11 PM) [snapback]1328850[/snapback]</div>
When I said the lighting was off I meant the photo is overly red (should have just said bad photo) a photo with a red hue will make a black wallet look brown.
[/b]

Agree... even her hair has a brown/red tint to it. I tried to correct some of the red cast to the image...

s476wallet%20backaq219.jpg

I guess I was trying to bring attention to the texture of the wallet back more than the color. It still looks brown to me, just dark brown.

My point is, the pic from the wallet project and THAT wallet aren't even close.

Njc--------------------

<div class='quotetop'>(Noeland @ Sep 29 2006, 09:54 PM) [snapback]1328944[/snapback]</div>
I guess I was trying to bring attention to the texture of the wallet back more than the color. It still looks brown to me, just dark brown.

Njc--------------------
[/b]

Agreed.

I wonder if there's anything that's correct about the wallet set...

<div class='quotetop'>(AnsonJames @ Sep 29 2006, 05:37 PM) [snapback]1329026[/snapback]</div>
I wonder if there's anything that's correct about the wallet set...
[/b]

Wasn't the Vid-Phon card printed in a magazine or something?

If so, does anyone have a scan of it?

Thanks

FB

<div class='quotetop'></div>
Wasn't the Vid-Phon card printed in a magazine or something? [/b]

Cinefantastique Vol12No5/Vol12No6 A special double issue. It's still around on ebay.

The Vidphone cards are usually spot on thanks to this magazine, so are the magazine covers and such, and the parking meter stickers too. It's the backside of the vidphone no one really knows about.

But this issue has a TON of reference stuff in it.

My scanner died last week thanks to a thunder storm here, but I will try and post some decent digital pics if I can get them shot.

Njc--------------------------------------

<div class='quotetop'>(Noeland @ Sep 29 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1328944[/snapback]</div>

Njc--------------------
[/b]

Agree on the texture, it looks like the outside of the wallet was scuffed or distressed to the point of almost looking like suede or it was already that way, either way, the outside is definately not black but the stitching is...

In the cap below you can see the difference between the outside and inside of the wallet... more apparent when in motion but the inside looks black(er) and shinier.

u35966wallett219.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back