Interest Bobby's silver dagger from Supernatural S04E01 - Lazarus Rising

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Edit - 8/9/14 -

Welp, these are a go :)

I opted for sharpened and then plated, so the display will look awesome. Still, be careful cause it will slice open a finger pretty easy.

Only doing a run of 6 since this doesn't seem to be incredibly popular, with 4 silver plated and 2 stainless.

Best part is, he gave me a bit of a discount :). Looking at 100$ FOR THE PLATED!!!! and 75$ for the stainless.

Taking payments now, and should have these in YOUR hands (at least in the US) by the season premiere :)

Paypal is rpfer@cox.net , shipping is going to be whatever it takes to get it to your door. Only amount due is the payment.

Silver :
1: Moi
2: Andrealoker
3: AHSupernatural - deposit paid
4:

Stainless:
1: Wolfchild59
2: Luketbd

End Edit

Ok guys and gals and genders of all ages.

This knife is the same as seen in the season opener for season 4. It's based on the knife Dean uses to prove he isn't a shapeshifter.

It's a basic knife (meaning it's metal and sharp), and can be made silver plated.

Currently (pardon the pic, I haven't cleaned the oil off the blade, this is STRAIGHT outta the box) it looks like this :
b2fyd8w.jpg

DSbej8S.jpg

This is a shot of a steel ruby dagger vs a silver plated one :
kRKAbEE.jpg

I have checked with the guy who made it, and he specifically mentioned a few things.
1: It's able to be silver plated.
2: It's able to be SHARPENED before the plating, but there's no guarantee the plating will "hold" if you use it to cut something.
3: He can make a false edge to it (looks sharp but isn't).

Now, silver plating is basically the same as chrome, but more expensive because it's silver. It's a beautiful color, and can tarnish wonderfully and age well if you take care of it.

The same rules apply to this as to the ruby dagger:
1: It's a knife. Be CAREFUL with it.
2: If it's sharp, don't play with it.
3: DO NOT STORE IN THE SHEATH. The chemicals used to cure the leather can and will etch into the blade, regardless of stainless steel or silver plating. There is NO fixing that.
4: This is NOT a prop replica, this is a real, legitimate knife that just happens to look exactly like one from the show. Treat it like a knife, and not something to wave around like a spaz.

Right now the price is looking to be about 100$ for the dagger, with a 20$ plating option for silver, or if you want gold, a 40$ plating option. I dunno why you'd want gold but hey, bling never hurt anyone. That's the pricing for 10 but we might get a bit of wiggle room if we go above 10 pieces.

Turnaround time is going to be a month or so, this is all in house work with no sub contracted anything.

There's no need for payment right now, this is strictly just to check interest for a week or two and then payments will be due when I place the order.

Thanks!
Chris

Last edited:
I'm interested. Put me down make mine silver plated if not too expensive

Last edited:
Cool, that's 4 so far, which means if we hit 6 more we might be able to lower the price a bit :)

I know I'm in for a silver one :)

Chris

Shouldn't be a problem. I've sent ruby daggers overseas, can't see any difference for these guys.

Chris

Ok guys and gals and genders of all ages.

This knife is the same as seen in the season opener for season 4. It's based on the knife Dean uses to prove he isn't a shapeshifter.

It's a basic knife (meaning it's metal and sharp), and can be made silver plated.

Currently (pardon the pic, I haven't cleaned the oil off the blade, this is STRAIGHT outta the box) it looks like this :
http://i.imgur.com/b2fyd8w.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DSbej8S.jpg

This is a shot of a steel ruby dagger vs a silver plated one :
http://i.imgur.com/kRKAbEE.jpg

I have checked with the guy who made it, and he specifically mentioned a few things.
1: It's able to be silver plated.
2: It's able to be SHARPENED before the plating, but there's no guarantee the plating will "hold" if you use it to cut something.
3: He can make a false edge to it (looks sharp but isn't).

Now, silver plating is basically the same as chrome, but more expensive because it's silver. It's a beautiful color, and can tarnish wonderfully and age well if you take care of it.

The same rules apply to this as to the ruby dagger:
1: It's a knife. Be CAREFUL with it.
2: If it's sharp, don't play with it.
3: DO NOT STORE IN THE SHEATH. The chemicals used to cure the leather can and will etch into the blade, regardless of stainless steel or silver plating. There is NO fixing that.
4: This is NOT a prop replica, this is a real, legitimate knife that just happens to look exactly like one from the show. Treat it like a knife, and not something to wave around like a spaz.

Right now the price is looking to be about 100$ for the dagger, with a 20$ plating option for silver, or if you want gold, a 40$ plating option. I dunno why you'd want gold but hey, bling never hurt anyone. That's the pricing for 10 but we might get a bit of wiggle room if we go above 10 pieces.

Turnaround time is going to be a month or so, this is all in house work with no sub contracted anything.

There's no need for payment right now, this is strictly just to check interest for a week or two and then payments will be due when I place the order.

Thanks!
Chris
Hey Chris, Where are the blade made/from?

Sorry but I don't know who that is ?

That's because he asked me not to share his details ;)

Same guy who did the angel blades as well, if that helps.

He's a metal worker I met online (hell, guess he qualifies as a blacksmith too) who loves the show, and is willing to tackle stuff from it like the daggers and the angel blades. He's also working on a key to the batcave replica for me.

If you need any more info than that, I'm sorry but I have to respect his wishes on it.

Chris

I know you need 10 people but just giving a heads up that I might not be able to be on the list officially until after GISHWHES (August 9)... I'm on a competitive team and may have to fork out a lot of money for the hunt the first week of August, so I guess don't count me in yet. ;( Oh how I wish I had more money and didn't have to budget so hard... (Also if anyone is interested in *unofficially* helping my team, ahem, message me... ;) )

Welp, these are a go :)

I opted for sharpened and then plated, so the display will look awesome. Still, be careful cause it will slice open a finger pretty easy.

Only doing a run of 8 since this doesn't seem to be incredibly popular, with 6 silver plated and 2 stainless.

Best part is, he gave me a bit of a discount :). Looking at 100$ FOR THE PLATED!!!! and 75$ for the stainless.

Taking payments now, and should have these in YOUR hands (at least in the US) by the season premiere :)

Will update the first post.
Chris

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back