Book of the Living

enchantinglace

Im not tryingn to reinvent the wheel here, just looking to make my own Book of the Living from the mummy and the key. I already have the stationary unopening book and key, but my soul(how corney is that lol) NEEDS to have the gold book, and it has to work. Has anyone here had any luck with clock work pieces in a project like this? Or has anyone has a olive branch to a video ANYTHERE that has a mechanism that would work....im stuck on clock work gears....but open to anyideas and a new super fix path. Thanks <3

The book was sold recently (pix here)
and Adam Savage did a video on it before the auction happened (you'll have to search for that one)

Adam Savage video here:

I don't know that he goes into the actual mechanisms but he does confirm that the mechanism in the prop he was looking at fully functioned.

I'm not a mechanical person, more of a paper prop nerd, but I'd love to see what you come up with!

So basically turning the disk slides two plates that hold the vultures in place.
20ff66a14cf0d6ea39048520a3f7fa94.jpg
70fa2ca6374b66c64bfaee3d687aab6e.jpg

Adam Savage video here:

I don't know that he goes into the actual mechanisms but he does confirm that the mechanism in the prop he was looking at fully functioned.

I'm not a mechanical person, more of a paper prop nerd, but I'd love to see what you come up with!
I have seen this clip/youtube video before, but totally forgot about it, I will have to look it up again, Thanks so so much for the help!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back