BOUSHH COSTUME REVEALED!!!

AWESOME COSTUME.
About the flash washing out the details of your Boushh costume; try taking pics of it without the flash on, in bright sunny day light. That may help.

Good stuff, and WELCOME.

B

You too, Wook. :p

The costume took me about five months to complete start to finish. I had a great time doing this one...it was nice working with leather and fiberglass instead of ABS.

Todd
TD1035

I would have to say the Collar and Chain as well as the Thermal detonator are my two favorite parts of the costume. Pretty dead on. They guy that made them must be really cool. (heh heh heh)
:p :lol ;)

Yes, this costume is BOYOND amazing. I still look at it in awe and turn to Todd and am amazed he built most it in his house. No prop shop, no help. Just himself and some blood sweat and tears. That is got to be one of the, if not the best helmet out there. You chose the right person to buy it from.

Todd you da man... Congrats.

The flipping of the lites in the vent above the eyes is awesome. Everything is perfect. I can't wait till you have the voice thing all worked out.

Here's some more pics...

IMG_6375.JPG

pic4wa.jpg

Actually the belt is made of leather strips wrapped around 1/4" nylon rope. After I glued the leather to the rope, I glued all of the strips together and then attached some belts and buckles to the back.

BoushhBelt014.jpg

BoushhBelt021.jpg

BoushhBelt023.jpg

BoushhBelt031.jpg

BoushhBeltFinished2.jpg

BoushhBeltFinished3.jpg

It really sells when she is stading with Wook. Holding his "leash". It's like they waled straight out of the movie.

Wook is right too the blaster is awesome too. Weathering looks pretty real.

boushhcutout8gg.jpg

Originally posted by KevVader+Dec 16 2005, 08:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KevVader @ Dec 16 2005, 08:17 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-WebChief
@Dec 16 2005, 08:14 PM
Getting red Xs.  :(
[snapback]1137687[/snapback]​

Yup....no pix....
[snapback]1137691[/snapback]​
[/b]

...there we go......very nice. One of the few Boushh costumes done right.

Thanks to everyone for your nice comments. I'm still working on the voice amplification system for the helmet. As soon as I get it done I'll post some pics of it installed. Hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year...

Todd
TD1035

Originally posted by The Wook@Dec 17 2005, 09:52 PM
One of the things I love best about his Boushh is the weathering on the gun.  ...  And Todd really nailed it. 

The Wook
[snapback]1138453[/snapback]​

Very true. Todd really does go the extra mile. For me the best part of that event was that he took the time to make a chain and collar to keep "the mighty Chewbacca" subdued.

:D

Actualy Andrew at risk of tooting my own horn...

Toot Toot.

I made the Collar for Todd and his wife. He had done such a fantastic job on the costume and since her very first trooping event IN the costume was going to be with The Wook, we had to come up with something FAST.

I looked at some screen caps and did the best I could. I only bring this up so I can tell everyone how it was made. In case they want to do the same.

I took a 12" diameter piece of 1/4" plastic pipe. Not sure it was PVC. It was green if that helps. It is pretty light weight. Cut off a 2" thick piece of it.

Then used plastic chain (also super lightweight) and made a quick release near the collar by cutting a notch in one link. That way if Boushh takes a nose dive, she doesn't pull the wookiee down with her.

I lined the inside of the collar with a very soft velcro for comfort. And also made a easy release strap of velcro to put the collar on and take it off with ease.

Attached a metal ring that looked about the right size to the movie, a rivet hindge system , and a thing to the front to attach the chain.

Weathered it all up and voilà. It was alot of fun. Add a hyperfirm Thermal Detonator (better to troop with then your MR one. Won't break) and your good to go.

collar04tn.jpg

collar12pa.jpg

collar28iy.jpg

collar30gn.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back