Predatorium Brand new site, same great community

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Welcome to the new home of ALL THINGS PREDATOR! For anyone who is new or simply doesn't remember, this community was started in late 2003 by kithunter and in the past 11 years has grown to become THE resource for those looking to build their own Predator props and costumes.

We have now taken the next step into the future by moving the Lair to a more modern platform that is more adaptable for mobile devices and will work on many of the newer platforms that people like to use (tablets, phones, etc). In doing so, we have also updated the name to the site to better reflect what this community is all about!

You will notice that this software has a number of features that weren't present in the last software that we were using. One of those features is user tagging. Just use the @ symbol, just like you would on Facebook and start typing the name of the member you want to tag. A list will come up as you are typing and you can choose the member from the list. That member will be alerted that they have been tagged, so they can more easily respond!

Another feature that many of you may or may not have noticed is that the header bars do not scroll. Once you move them, they stay at the top of the page so you can always easily hit the search function, your messages, and other areas that you are likely to visit often.

These are just a few of many improvements that we hope will make your experience more enjoyable.

Any time you make a move of this size, there are bound to be a few issues, so please let us know if you see a problem and we will do our best to address it!

Last edited:
No glitches, pics come up a nice size, easy to navigate, so far so good, looking forward to seeing it completely finished,, good job art..

Alex

Where's the strap line about the Hunters Lair?

Still working on fitting it in to the header. There is a place for it, like I mentioned previously. However, it is creating an issue when the site compresses to mobile size.

No glitches, pics come up a nice size, easy to navigate, so far so good, looking forward to seeing it completely finished,, good job art..

Alex

Glad to hear it, Alex. While I am sure there will be some issues here and there, our testing has shown that this software handles many issues better (and faster) than the previous one.

Using a imac and its running really smooth and fast. just uploaded a pic, no problem at all..need to try it on windows too.. looking forward to using it on my iphone whenever its gets finished. Always concerns when switching to a new site but...

First run appear to be doing its job ;)

Cheers

Alex

looking forward to using it on my iphone whenever its gets finished.

Please do report back on your experince using your iPhone. A LARGE part of our reason for moving to this particular software was its support of a responsive design. SO many people use mobile devices now and the previous software for the community didn't support mobile all the well. The software we use for all of our other sites forces us to use a third party app (which we hate) to support mobile. We are very happy to be able to offer the members here a platform that SHOULD scale pretty seamlessly from one platform to another, so we are very interested in hearing your experiences.

Ok been using the forum on my iphone , went through the site. Excellent, no problems to report. again easy to navigate, very fast, no lag, again no glitches at this point...

so far so good, very happy with it...

Cheers

Alex

Fantastic! That is such a HUGE part of why this happened!

The best thing is, from our standpoint, this community has gone from "worst to first" in terms of software. Prior to this move, it was the odd-man-out and was behind all of our other sites, which meant we didn't implement a lot of features that our other sites got. Now, Predatorium is actually leading the pack and is technically ahead of all of our other sites and they will need to catch up to you!

Ok been using the forum on my iphone , went through the site. Excellent, no problems to report. again easy to navigate, very fast, no lag, again no glitches at this point...

so far so good, very happy with it...

Cheers

Alex

Am guessing android friendly also??? i have a nook and numerous other devices to access forums, don't like to miss anything lol ( total gadget freak)
Glad we are ahead of the game..

Cheers

Alex

Supposedly it is friendly with most of the major mobile devices. I only have an iPad, iPad mini and iPhone to test it on, so it hasn't been tested with anything else yet.

Sites not to bad. Can't get over how white this place is, its like facebook lol. The hunters lair has always been easy one my eyes. ;) Also miss that peoples profile pic is not next to their post. Kinda used that as I flag to see who has posted more recent.

Sites not to bad. Can't get over how white this place is, its like facebook lol. The hunters lair has always been easy one my eyes. ;) Also miss that peoples profile pic is not next to their post. Kinda used that as I flag to see who has posted more recent.

Going from an all dark site to a light background/dark text is definitely a HUGE shift, but I promise, while it feels like it was easier on the eyes, light text on a dark background has been shown time and again to actually cause MORE eye strain than the reverse! That is why Google, facebook and all the other major sites have this type of color scheme setup. I am definitely glad to hear it is "not too bad." Honestly, considering how much has changed, I'll take that as a good thing!

BTW, one of the other things we haven't mentioned, but some of you may have noticed is that for Full Members (members with more than 50 posts and more than 90 days on the site) we have removed most if not all of the ads on the site!

y
Good grief! I see we are going to have to put some limits on the size of those signature images! BATIMAN , what are you doing to us?!? :eek:

please do its hurting my eyes lol.....thats was me making it smaller ....

okay it works good with Android devices... ran it on a nook and also on a kindle. So am guessing its been a successful move overall ;)

Alex

Placed a 728X90 limit on signature images, so if you image is larger than that, it is going to scale it down to the whichever is the smaller number. In your case, that would be 90px high.

I think some options of Skins would be a good idea. I also see that photos in the gallery have been scaled down. I like being able to right click and see a larger more detailed image.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back