Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

I've always assumed they're the same as in the images attached - just the grey gradient is less obvious.
here it definitely looks that there’s a gradient grey, in my picture though I think it’s just clear optical. I noticed that when the frame is so thick, under certain lights it casts a little shadow so that it looks like a dark gradient lens even though it’s just clear, but I don’t have enough pictures to tell if this is the case

Never give up hope lads!
20240222_182849.jpg

Bargain of the month, some $30 OP Isba!
A nice thick frame in a classic style. I like that thick frames are staying in style for optical. I always had thin frames as a youngster but they make a bigger style statement with more mass.

Attachments

• 20240224_171303.jpg
    20240224_171303.jpg
    1,007.1 KB · Views: 25
In a way it's bit more over the top than the Dita (not a common descriptor!) but not crazy. I found a pair too. Caddis at least are usually findable at an affordable price, so that's a plus as well! Yes, they are solid, I tend to prefer that feeling myself. Superlight frames actually kind of feel weird to me.
I picked up the Bandits too and am using them for my daily readers. Nice solid frame and though robust I find them quite handsome. Not unlike myself LOL!

Latest pics...
View attachment 1788282 View attachment 1788284 View attachment 1788285

These are the Jacques Marie Mage Herbie with custom lenses again...;)

View attachment 1788287

Plus, I realised I already had these covered as they were sitting in my "RDJ frame ID file", he wore these way back on April 17th 2015 in one of his IG posts...
View attachment 1788289 View attachment 1788290 View attachment 1788291View attachment 1788292

He's wearing them again...

View attachment 1788294 View attachment 1788295

These are another pair of Dolce & Gabbana DG 3195 (51□20 145), but the 2829 in the brushed camel colourway, with custom gradient grey top into clear lower lenses...;)

View attachment 1788297

This is to be my last post ID'ing frames on the main thread.
I've recently finished the ID'ing backlog of frames in my "RDJ frame ID file", it's eventually completed and up to date.

However, I'll still keep my hand in and be active on this awesome thread.:cool:

A big and massive heartfelt thank you to the handful of courteous and kind members who've supported me over the years with your regular "likes" and kind acknowledgement. :love:
It has been your regular and consistent appreciation of my posts that has literally made all the difference - I'll be in touch privately soon.

Appreciation is one of life's greatest motivators, which brings me to this simple but touchingly apt quote...

"A person who feels appreciated will always do more than is expected".
Does this mean you'll be focusing on the "other" thread?
Also - What's this "RDJ Frame ID File" and is it readily available to everyone?

Cheers
Steven

one of my trusted opticians (who's not based in my city unfortunately) received the new matsuda m3023. they're way too pricey and luckily I don't like the new design, but I noticed that all the colors he got are in 55 size, it's funny because we've always wondered here what could it be if matsuda produced a middle size for the originals, in addition to the classic 52 and 57.

now I have the curiosity to see how they look like on my face

Guess what arrived from Germany!
Color code 502/73. Kind of a tortoise.
Pretty pristine, with case, bag, pamphlet, even the protective sleeve on the arm!

Attachments

• 20240306_190644.jpg
    20240306_190644.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • 20240306_191008.jpg
    20240306_191008.jpg
    734.1 KB · Views: 28

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back