Casablanca "Vichy Water" Label

PropsToHistory

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
20230403_215725_0000.png

Found a production sample from "Casablanca" in the research library at Earl Hays Press today.

It's just doesn't end...

I stand corrected... I looked more closely at the Letter of Transit and it DOES have accents in the lowercase text... it's only missing on the text in ALL CAPS, which is not uncommon.

I stand corrected... I looked more closely at the Letter of Transit and it DOES have accents in the lowercase text... it's only missing on the text in ALL CAPS, which is not uncommon.
Usually, "In the Olden Times", accents were on capital letters, especially on labels (Trademarks, Copyrights, etc). The circumflex accent has to be placed on, either the vowel A, E, I, O, U. So, if one accent had to be there, why not the others? That was the thinking at the time...nowadays the other accents don't show-up as much in a modern type...but for the circumflex;)

Only see this today, interesting, I had think to do a label, but the blurry central image prevented it so far. Was this sold anywhere?
Many thanks for sharing!

I spent so many hours looking for a image similar to the label, found none ! And someone did it!!!! Oh well, i tought tht it had something to do with vichy french waters, but no!!!
Great find Lighting and Make Believe!
Just fantastic!

Many thanks for sharing!

Full credit to Google Lens on this one. I just cropped the label down to the image and roughly adjusted the watermark to improve the analysis. And it still wasn't the first result (first page though).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back