Interest CFO Chromed ROTJ helmet LIMITED RUN!!!

sskunky

Sr Member
Hi Guys & Gals,

I am thinking of doing a limited run of chromed ROTJ helmets.... I am thinking maybe 10 or so with suspension liners............Fully built with Matt Black decals.

Price is dependent on the success rate of the chroming process..... These will be a limited run as the vacuum metalizing is a bit of a headache and not all come out right.... So I may have a few seconds too....

Ball park figure is £500 fully built with liner ( subject to change)....... (Normal non chromed price is £350 for a fully finished clean helmet.....) If you want one without the inner liner I can do that for £450.
I can also get these done with the "Chromespray" technique which I'm told is harder wearing and flexible but it adds another £120 to each helmet.......

Please post if you have any questions or want to go on the interest list.....

Please note this is an interest thread not a sales thread YET!

Pics.......

INTEREST LIST:

1. Alberto (FB) ataru72ita (RPF) :lol

2. Daniel JC (FB)

3. Raf1oz/ Ray F (Rpf) (FB)

4. Zoekoner (FISD)

5. Dao2 (RPF)

6.Cotasnoova (Rebelscum)

7. Jedi Rainman (Rebelscum)

8. RajinCajun (Rebelscum)

Last edited:
:D

Thanks buddy.

I have formed the helmets last week. I have to assemble them all now.

I am am going to the chroming company on Weds to have a go on the system. I'll keep you updated.

Hi Guys,

I have not forgotten these..... I went to the chroming company to have a go on their spray system and it looks like I will be able to do this myself but not until I have built my workshop and put in a spray booth. So there may be some delay until I get to finishing this project but then that gives you all time to save up!

The chroming is like magic and it was really interesting and fun to have a go..... Google spraychrome and youtube should bring up some vids to keep you amused in the meantime.......

It is. I'm still in the R&D stage. Just trying out a new chrome ABS to see if that will work.
I have been looking into different methods for obtaining a chrome mirror finish on a Stormtrooper helmet... It turns out there are a few...... Stay tuned... But this may take a little longer than first thought.. I am in the middle of a workshop build and about to start the house reno and extension so things are a little crazy round here. Which in turn means this stuff /props takes a back seat. I will get these done........ at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back