Cheap Indy style fedoras at Burlington Coat Factory

DarkHelmet

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A couple of years ago I bought a $19.00 crushable wool felt aussie hat at BCF for use when I was shooting video in the hot Vegas sun.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, while getting my Indy outfit together, I took a look at it and realized it was EXACTLY the design as the movie hats, except for the wider brim.

I went to Indygear and followed the tutorial for the Akubra modification (cut the brim down, removed the leather band, applied Todd's hat band). When done, I couldn't believe how nice it turned out and how screen accurate it was.

I went down to BCF today and found another very similar fedora in a more rigid fur felt for $9.99! They have the same tall (5.5 in) crown and almost exact front and side brim dimensions.

For those looking for a very, very affordable Indy fedora that with a little modification, is just as good as some of the expensive hats, check out your local BCF.

I will post pics soon.

Last edited:
Re: Indy fedoras at Burlington Coat Factory

Sounds cool. No local Burlington Coat Factory to me, but there is one about an hour away. Would love to see pics and then I could decide if it is worth a drive.

Good call there Helmet... I got a nice Grey version of the Indy style a few years ago for a thrown together Clark Kent outfit and was thinking the same thing about checking again for a brown version.

none anywhere near here...any chance you would be willing to pick me up one or two?

figures....im cursed with one of those huge melons....thanks anyhow!

The grey one I got was labeled a large, and it's a 57...

Helmet - if I don't find one here my small head will probably take a medium. ;)

so I have a large... what a pity:(

I was searching a cheap hat to learn how to bash it properly... And this was the best find so far... if there are other members with a Burlington Coat Factory near home, you know how to contact me!:D

Thanks for the info anyway:)

They have one left, and it's a medium. If that's your size, I'll go and get it.

If you don't mind helping out a newbie, I'd be very interested in the medium if it still available. I'm just starting to throw together an Indy outfit for next year's movie release.

let me know, THANKS!

If you don't mind helping out a newbie, I'd be very interested in the medium if it still available. I'm just starting to throw together an Indy outfit for next year's movie release.

let me know, THANKS!

I won't be able to get to BCF until Saturday. If it's there, I'll get it.

It figuers that this would come up now. Just last month I ploped down $140.00 for a Lucas film licenced Indy fur felt fedora. I like it and all, but that was a lot of fun tickets for just one item:unsure

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back