Chief Jim Hopper Costume and Props Thread

Yes I have bought from this website before. I didn’t have no issues. The only issue I had was they sent me the short black version on accident and I called and they fixed it. I mean this was one of the best websites/ companies I’ve ever bought from. They were awesome. They found these jackets in a box from years ago that they had. So that’s pretty cool. I would buy from them again in a heartbeat. Really amazing company.
And how is the sizing? I ordered one but I live in Canada so it has been waiting at globalpost for about a week...still in Chicago area

You got one?
Let me try and get a picture of it for you. I’ll try and upload it today for ya. That way you can see it and everyone else can also. But just keep in mind this is the longer version. If your going to actually wear it in the winter I think the longer version be best especially if you got super bad winters.

Let me try and get a picture of it for you. I’ll try and upload it today for ya. That way you can see it and everyone else can also. But just keep in mind this is the longer version. If your going to actually wear it in the winter I think the longer version be best especially if you got super bad winters.
I live in Canada so winters are pretty bad haha

Hello everyone

I was needing some help on finding a Flycross Silvertan shirt for my Hopper costume season 1. My shirt size is a 2XL and When I look at sizes on galls for example it doesn’t look like they have my size. Maybe Im not understanding the size break down on the website. Looking for some advice and thank you for the help and time. If anyone has one to sell please reply thanks again.

This maker apparently goes by collar size, so a 2XL will probably be an 18 or an 18.5 which they don't seem to have. This is the wool blend which is almost certainly the screen-used type.

the same shirt by Flying Cross they have an 18.5 but it has 33 sleeves, this is the poly-rayon shirt which is what I wear, it's nice-looking and comfortable.

I'm sure if you look around you can find somebody that has them in stock in your collar size and sleeve length.

I picked up my shirt, used with Arizona Department of Forestry patches, on Ebay for around $25. Due to it being worn and washed repeatedly it has a nice soft feel. Mine is 18.5 x 35, that is size 18.5 neck and 35 inch sleeve length. I wear a 2XL.

I just checked on Ebay and there aren't any that size in the correct style and colour at the moment, but they do come up on Ebay regularly.

And it's not just Flying Cross and Fechheimer but other firms as well, such as Elbeco, make those exact shirts. I typed in California Highway Patrol but innumerable US agencies wear those shirts.

For Season 3 here's a used Elbeco shirt in silver tan, 2XL, on ebay NEW ELBECO MENS DUTYMAXX SHORT SLEEVE STRETCH SHIRT 5592 SILVER TAN 2XL | eBay

Last edited:
Bumping up this very old (but still very relevant) thread... I've recently gotten the Hopper Bug. Season 1 police uniform specifically, with a side-quest for the Season 3 "cosplaying as Magnum PI" outfit.

Much of the stuff Travis posted earlier in this thread is mine now.

The one item that is eluding me is a badge. I got the one that's currently available on etsy. It's not bad but I don't love it. The gold seems too yellow, and it's completely flat.

Anyone have any leads on a good badge?

IMG_6817.jpeg

Yes I too got one of those flat badges initially. Later I got a curved more 3D looking one, shaped more like real police badges.

The curved one is boxed "Bam Box".

sE3254U.jpg

However the flat one has much better detail!

What I would love to find is a badge with the same level of detail as the flat one (left) but with the 3D curved look of the BamBox one (right).

kfZhSCx.jpg

What flashlight does Hopper use and how does he carry it? Belt holster?

I don't think anyone responded to this, but here's a quick breakdown I did on his Season 1 Flashlight, which is a vintage long Tiger Head brand light:
Stranger Things - D&D Miniatures & Other Props

As far as how he carries it. He's only ever seen with it in hand. However, I could've sworn one of the other Hawkins PD officers seemed to have some kind of belt attachment for it, but I'm having trouble finding the screenshot for that at the moment. I'll update if I track it down.

In Season 2 he uses the Ray-O-Vac Sportsman

Just a heads-up for those wanting to do Hopper's police uniform on a budget, there's a fairly accurate hat for a $29 Buy It Now.

It's size 7 5/8.

You'd just need to remove the band, paint the darkish stripe around the hat where the band was, and do a bit of shaping.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back