Clone Wars spin off “The Bad Batch” series discussion thread

I just hope that Tech is alive:(:unsure:
Won't that just cheapen that moment and the sacrifice he made? It's almost like "Somehow Palpatine returned" moment if so.

Edit: But I too took that one to the gut and am sad to see him leave. But Plan 99 is just the ultimate in heroic sacrifices. And the best line I've heard in a long time, the resigned sigh, "When have we ever followed orders?", and the music swelling. Oi!

Last edited:
Won't that just cheapen that moment and the sacrifice he made? It's almost like "Somehow Palpatine returned" moment if so.

Edit: But I too took that one to the gut and am sad to see him leave. But Plan 99 is just the ultimate in heroic sacrifices. And the best line I've heard in a long time, the resigned sigh, "When have we ever followed orders?", and the music swelling. Oi!

The part that leaves a slight glimmer of hope was they found his goggles. Toss in he fell into thick clouds and anything could conceivably have happened. Why would the empire look for him otherwise if it just a few thousand foot free fall. In that case, would the goggles even survive?

Speculation i guess til March 2024 :(

I always watch this back-to-back with The Mandalorian. Am I the only one who has to stop a minute to remember which timeline I'm in?
Your not alone . Watching Bad Batch with my son he said :” good grief dad we have this timeline between clone wars and OT transitioning to the empire ,we have the Mandalorian transitioning from the empire to the new republic , and the ST with the new republic / resistance- I have to mentally prepare before we watch anything now.”

Last edited:
The Bad Batch is what, 25 years or so before TROTJ?

I was expecting Omega to be captured. That foundation was laid several episodes ago.

Was not expecting Tech to die.

Was not expecting grown clone Omega. We’ll probably learn that her name is Alpha.

Overall a very solid episode. I stand by my statement that TBB is the best Nu-Wars being made.

Does anyone recall whether or not Clone Force 99 is ever called the Bad Batch in the show or during their original appearance in the Clone Wars? Not that it matters if they have or not, but I was thinking to myself today that I had no idea whether or not they were ever actually called The Bad Batch or not.

I'm pretty sure in the original clone wars cartoon they were called by name in a scene. I could be making up a fake memory though....I'm 50% sure I'm right.

IMG_2147.jpeg

I forget, is this one of the shows that Filoni is helming too? Or is there a different creative team that's been doing bad batch?
Seeing so many Filoni spawned character cameos in that trailer has me feeling like this show is officially dead at this point.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back