[COMPLETED] Trapper Wolf - The Mandalorian Season 2

Looks good.

Word of advice, put the leg straps under the flaps of the upper leg pockets or they will trip you up, especially on stairs.
it's screen accurate.

043.jpg

Hey folks! Sorry for ghosting my own Thread for so long. For some reason, it looks like I didn't get any notifications of new posts.

First of all, Rawktrooper and AnthonyD2199 - those are some fantastic finds! Especially the comparisons are super valuable.

In the meantime, I've ordered a flightsuit from Crowprops. Unfortunately, UPS managed to lose the damn thing, just very shortly before Celebration. As an act of desperation, I ordered a suit from Jedi Robe (I know, I know, not exactly the best to support. However, with a deadline of less than 2 weeks, it had to make do). My girlfriend did some fantastic alterations for me and the suit fits nicely now. The pocket placements seem to be about right, with the biggest issue being a collar that is *tiny* compared to my own neck. This has been extended and the front part of the suit was altered to fit me nicely.

Now, I did my first dress up, took some quick photos and submitted it with the Rebel Legion before they close their applications over Celebration. I expect them not to get back to me by Celebration, but that's totally okay. I'll still have to add some paint to the helmet down the line, but for a very first test dressing, I'm extremely happy with the results!

View attachment 1576758
View attachment 1576759
View attachment 1576760
View attachment 1576761
View attachment 1576762
View attachment 1576763
The cylinders, leg flares and compad are 3D prints.

Now, what's left to do?

- Add some weathering to the helmet
- slightly darken and weather the leg flares, as they do seem a bit too bright in my opinion
- maybe eventually (big fat maybe) update the helmet from a Black Series to a FarAwayCreations
- eventually resize the cylinders to be a bit thinner

In its current state, I think this costume is ready for Celebration and I'm extremely happy with how it turned out! I think I really can be proud for this to be my first ever Star Wars costume.
nice looking costume! I'm currently building my own flak vest over on the "ultimate xwing pilot" thread. my costume is probably going to be a hybrid of the ANH and Rogue One suit. I just ordered more fabric to sew my own flghtsuit so hopefully its the right stuff this time.

- Add some weathering to the helmet
- slightly darken and weather the leg flares, as they do seem a bit too bright in my opinion
- maybe eventually (big fat maybe) update the helmet from a Black Series to a FarAwayCreations
- eventually resize the cylinders to be a bit thinner

Hey folks! No time no see. I figured I'd share a quick update on how the costume has evolved and what's been changed recently.

First, we got to see the Trapper Wolf costume at Celebration, which was really cool to see and allowed some additional detail insight - especially the colors used on the helmet needed to change for my helmet to become more accurate.

I've also since updated my flightsuit to ImperialBoots. I did end up with the Crowprops suit eventually, but I didn't love the colors, it didn't have the flaps on the back that I'd like and only did have one set of leg pockets, rather than two. Third flightsuit for one costume? Yeah, don't do it like I did haha

I have since also updated the Code Cylinders to be a much smaller and nicer size. Thanks to the.rebel.agent for the updated files! We worked together a bit on tweaking the Com on the glove and he made some great updates to the leg flares, based on the new information we got at Celebration. I plan to update the glove com and the leg flares at a later time.

20221113_104541.jpg

I have since also purchased a Far Away Creations X-Wing helmet, it is much more comfortable than The Black Series and I am able to place the ear donuts without putting a lot of pressure on my head. Seems to be better for warm weather also! Super happy.

FAC also provided a new washer for my chest box, which has more accurate dimensions.

Here is a shot from the in-progress helmet. You can see the new orange is more of a warm yellow and it photographs perfectly like it would on the expo and on the show. Really happy! The only thing left to do on the new helmet is to slightly tweak the weathering and find somebody who can make me the New Republic Cogs in the same color as the stripes. Consider the black Rebel Cog a placeholder for now, it's not intended to be a permanent addition on the helmet.

20221117_150043.jpg

20221117_160237.jpg

So, let's call it the "Level 2"checklist:

- Update Cogs
- Update Leg Flares
- Update Glove Com

If I really wanna get annoying with it (I'm not sure I do), I've been thinking about the boots also. I eventually noticed that the boots on the Mando era costumes don't seem to have a backstrap or seam anywhere around. This leads me to believe it is a type of rubber boot. However, I don't think I'll change from my jackboots, unless I can find the correct model. Maybe y'all know what it is.

EDIT: Paul Sun-Hyung Lee confirmed via Twitter that these are indeed Leather boots. Odd design either way.

Last edited:
nice work! i am in the process of altering a couple Red Kap suits for my first orange xwing suit. I have a navy blue suit from FAC that i am using for the tailoring work and measurements since it already fits me and i figure it will go a bit faster this way than to make one from absolute scratch.
I have a great FAC Xwing pilot helmet. and may get another one for another paint job... i have been doing a lot of repaints on other BS and GE helmets just because i love the process of making my own designs on them.. or reworking other designs like Red Leader.. so i will be doing those until i run out of helmets.
great work on all the details!

Hey folks! No time no see. I figured I'd share a quick update on how the costume has evolved and what's been changed recently.

First, we got to see the Trapper Wolf costume at Celebration, which was really cool to see and allowed some additional detail insight - especially the colors used on the helmet needed to change for my helmet to become more accurate.

I've also since updated my flightsuit to ImperialBoots. I did end up with the Crowprops suit eventually, but I didn't love the colors, it didn't have the flaps on the back that I'd like and only did have one set of leg pockets, rather than two. Third flightsuit for one costume? Yeah, don't do it like I did haha

I have since also updated the Code Cylinders to be a much smaller and nicer size. Thanks to the.rebel.agent for the updated files! We worked together a bit on tweaking the Com on the glove and he made some great updates to the leg flares, based on the new information we got at Celebration. I plan to update the glove com and the leg flares at a later time.

View attachment 1646691

I have since also purchased a Far Away Creations X-Wing helmet, it is much more comfortable than The Black Series and I am able to place the ear donuts without putting a lot of pressure on my head. Seems to be better for warm weather also! Super happy.

FAC also provided a new washer for my chest box, which has more accurate dimensions.

Here is a shot from the in-progress helmet. You can see the new orange is more of a warm yellow and it photographs perfectly like it would on the expo and on the show. Really happy! The only thing left to do on the new helmet is to slightly tweak the weathering and find somebody who can make me the New Republic Cogs in the same color as the stripes. Consider the black Rebel Cog a placeholder for now, it's not intended to be a permanent addition on the helmet.

View attachment 1646692
View attachment 1646694

So, let's call it the "Level 2"checklist:

- Update Cogs
- Update Leg Flares
- Update Glove Com

If I really wanna get annoying with it (I'm not sure I do), I've been thinking about the boots also. I eventually noticed that the boots on the Mando era costumes don't seem to have a backstrap or seam anywhere around. This leads me to believe it is a type of rubber boot. However, I don't think I'll change from my jackboots, unless I can find the correct model. Maybe y'all know what it is.
The boots also have a square toe front, I wonder why they went with these boots as opposed to the standard jackboots?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back