cw arsenal thread

Not strictly Arsenal related, but does anyone have any opinions on what Thea's costume will be in Season 4? Do you think they're going to give her a LoA look, keep Arsenal's costume (please!), create a completely new costume (brown and yellow FTW!) or something else? I think they might keep Arsenal's costume but just change a few details and change the bow she uses to a compound bow, change the quiver etc. I'd be really interested to 'hear' your thoughts.

Not strictly Arsenal related, but does anyone have any opinions on what Thea's costume will be in Season 4? Do you think they're going to give her a LoA look, keep Arsenal's costume (please!), create a completely new costume (brown and yellow FTW!) or something else? I think they might keep Arsenal's costume but just change a few details and change the bow she uses to a compound bow, change the quiver etc. I'd be really interested to 'hear' your thoughts.

It'll be a 'variation' of Roy's costume and take inspiration from it. If they are keeping the door open for Arsenal to come back in a guest spot, they can't hack up his jacket!
I expect we'll see it this week too.
I think it will use a similar style and colour scheme to Roy; using the red to black fade, but it'll be a much more feminine cut of jacket, keeping some detailing like the ribbed shoulders, but ditching others – I don't think we'll see as much in the way of lacing. At least not on the front panels.

As for the bow, I'm not too sure where they'll go with that. You'd think Roy would have rocked a compound bow during Season 3. This week she may also rock his Ragim, but next season it could go either way I suppose!

It'll be a 'variation' of Roy's costume and take inspiration from it. If they are keeping the door open for Arsenal to come back in a guest spot, they can't hack up his jacket!
I expect we'll see it this week too.
I think it will use a similar style and colour scheme to Roy; using the red to black fade, but it'll be a much more feminine cut of jacket, keeping some detailing like the ribbed shoulders, but ditching others – I don't think we'll see as much in the way of lacing. At least not on the front panels.

As for the bow, I'm not too sure where they'll go with that. You'd think Roy would have rocked a compound bow during Season 3. This week she may also rock his Ragim, but next season it could go either way I suppose!
I quite liked Thea's 'costume' in s03e21 with the dark hood. I'm glad Roy didn't have a compound in this series purely from a costume price point of view and also practicality - it's really hard, nay impossible to speed shoot a compound, but because Thea received her training from Merlyn I think a customised compound would suit her more.

So is it cool for me to post in here regarding thea's costume in the season finale? Not quite sure if she will still be arsenal or if she will have her own name, aka speedy?

Her bow looks like a longer ragim matrix because of the limb pockets and screws, but obviously this is almost a complete guess because of the lack of reference images.

Looking to get a basic version of this made in the next two weeks. I have the mask and gloves. I also have someone making the suit. Any tutorials or recommendations would be great.

And the person who actually designed and made her quiver said it is different from arsenal's and definitely smaller.

uploadfromtaptalk1434061175221.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1434061186482.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1434061198888.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1434061205632.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1434061212282.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1434061221165.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1434061237151.jpg

It's all right if you're looking for a pre made 'replica', although it lacks significant detail of the Ragim Matrix Jr, such as the riser shape is not correct, the limb bolts are nothing like the Ragim's, the sight window is the wrong shape and the limbs are too thick (I assume it's made of PVC). You could make a more accurate and cheaper version of that, I think, with just a Ragim Matrix Jr and a can or two of spray paint (about £74 for all of it in the UK). IMO it's not worth it, you may as well go the full hog and make the correct replica or at least make an accurate homemade prop, like I'm in the process of (I posted a template for the riser a few pages back).

The quiver and the arrows (if you were to get the full kit), again, is all right if you don't want complete screen accuracy. The quiver is not the right shape and it's missing some of the red seams, and the buckles seem to be made of printed paper as far as I can tell (?). Also the bottom of the quiver is the wrong shape. The arrows are all right, the fletchings are the wrong shape, but they can be refletched with parabolic style feathers (I think that's what Arsenal uses off the top of my head). The arrow shaft and the heads look fairly good, and I assume they're fake rubber tips for cosplay, if so it is an added bonus. Again, you could probably make a decent 'replica' or make these things using faux leather if you wanted it cheap for the quiver, wood for the arrows etc.
Hope that helped.
P.S. Not trying to be deliberately insulting to the person who made this prop. It's a good prop, I just analysed it compared to screen accuracy so I may have gone a bit overboard :confused.

Last edited:
SPEEDY ALERT (not Arsenal)

I took some screenshots from the new trailer and I've found that the bow is just a Ragim Matrix Jr 48 with a reverse colour scheme of Roy's except for the limb nuts which are still red aka black riser, red limbs except for a black fade at the tips. Her quiver is similar to Roy's except for a few differences, the main one being the addition of what I think is a double knife holster on the side. The other main difference that I can see is that the opening of her quiver on the top is more quadilaterally (is that a word?) shaped, with it being in the shape of a skewed parallelogram, with one side more pointed than the other. I think there may also be some differences to the bottom of her quiver, but I'm not sure atm. Her knives are straight bladed double edged knives with a pattern down the middle of the blade. The hilt is black, although there may a pattern on it, and also the pommel is a red ring. The knives are held in the scabbard in a staggered style with one held higher than the other (it's easier to see in the pictures).
Screenshot from 2015-09-05 12:44:26.pngScreenshot from 2015-09-05 12:43:14.pngScreenshot from 2015-09-05 12:42:02.pngScreenshot from 2015-09-05 12:48:07.pngScreenshot from 2015-09-05 12:42:51.pngScreenshot from 2015-09-05 12:48:36.pngScreenshot from 2015-09-05 12:48:50.png

Cool! So Roy's costume consisted of:
- Bow and Arrow
- Flechettes on left thigh
- Dagger on left hip
- Dagger on back of waist
- Throwing Knives on right thigh
- Eskrima Sticks on both lower legs

It's looks like Thea abandoned the dagger on the back of the waist, as well as the throwing knives and the Eskrima sticks. What she kept was obviously the bow and arrow and the flechettes but she just moved them to her right thigh instead of her left thigh and she moved the dagger that was on the left hip to her lower left leg (where one of the Eskrima sticks used to be) she added the three swords/daggers to the back of her quiver in a scabbard as "oswaldthegreat" was talking about. So all in all I think Thea's costume consists of:
- Bow and Arrow
- flechettes on RIGHT thigh
- Dagger on lower left leg
- Three swords/daggers attached to quiver

Let me know if you find anything else on the costume that I may have missed, thx!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back