Cyberpunk city diorama

Such a tragedy
Indeed, Analyzer-san.
The place where the disaster occurred was a fairly wealthy part of Japan. It has famous ceramics crafts and a lot of old establishments. So, their residence was built before modern building regulations were established, and that caused the damage larger.
And the air crash at the Tokyo Haneda Airport. Fortunately, all the passengers and the crew members were safe but the 5 crew members of Japan Self Defence Air Force were killed. They were just about to carry some supplies to the disaster place.

I actually didn't hear about the earthquake in Japan until reading it here.
Guess just spending time qith my brother and parents the last few weeks.
My brother flew back to Latham, New York this morning at made it safely a few hours ago.
Always nice to have family together, even if only brefily.

And what Yuki did for Miki with all the old stuff from being kids, my Mom did the same thing for me this Christmas by putting all these old books I had a as kid into a bag. I didn't even know she still had all that stuff. She said she has some of my old toys in the attic. I'm curious to see.
Speaking of being curious, the yellow book, Curious George, I remeber that its the first book I had technically read on my own. Although, my Mom says she read it to me so many timea, shea thinking I just memorized it instead.
The Star Wars Ep. I magazine, not sure where she got that, but I actually already have a copy, so now I have two.
As a kid, I loved Mr. Rogers, so she got me a copy of the Tom Hanks movie.
So this Christmas was mostly just a memory type one.
Hope you Katsu (and family), and everyone else of course, had a good Christmas and New Years.

1000012824.jpg

I actually didn't hear about the earthquake in Japan until reading it here.
Guess just spending time qith my brother and parents the last few weeks.
My brother flew back to Latham, New York this morning at made it safely a few hours ago.
Always nice to have family together, even if only brefily.

And what Yuki did for Miki with all the old stuff from being kids, my Mom did the same thing for me this Christmas by putting all these old books I had a as kid into a bag. I didn't even know she still had all that stuff. She said she has some of my old toys in the attic. I'm curious to see.
Speaking of being curious, the yellow book, Curious George, I remeber that its the first book I had technically read on my own. Although, my Mom says she read it to me so many timea, shea thinking I just memorized it instead.
The Star Wars Ep. I magazine, not sure where she got that, but I actually already have a copy, so now I have two.
As a kid, I loved Mr. Rogers, so she got me a copy of the Tom Hanks movie.
So this Christmas was mostly just a memory type one.
Hope you Katsu (and family), and everyone else of course, had a good Christmas and New Years.

View attachment 1776550
It is so nice to hear you had a Merry Christmas with your family. And thank you for sharing the heartwarming stories.
Yes, I also have many things my daughters made or had that I could never take out. A piece of drawing, the composition they wrote in their elementary school days, etc., etc. Everything is my souvenir and treasure.

Day by day, the miserable fact of what happened at the disaster place has been disclosed. Yesterday, a 90-year-old woman was rescued from beneath the wreckage. 124 hours, in this cold weather. it's a miracle.
The beautiful old town was ruined.
I still don't know the whole situation but for me, it's so painful.

Kanazawa city of Ishikawa prefecture is one of the most beautiful places in Japan.
That's the place I and my family visited as a celebration of my retirement if you remember. Seven years ago.

1704583496256.png
1704583515888.png

1704583529416.png
1704583793704.png

We wanted to visit there again when my wife retired from her work this year. I'm afraid it may not happen. It may take long till the city is recovered.

I hope you and your families are all well and may have a pleasant year. I can say that it's not about the wealth, it's about your health and peaceful days.

katsu

Attachments

• 1704583566291.png
    1704583566291.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • 1704583609815.png
    1704583609815.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
Thank you for your kind words.
Unlike Fukushima 12 years ago, many visual records are shot by civilians. Their smart phone, drive recorders in their cars. Day by day the terrible situation at the site is revealed. And the voice of the sole survivor husband who lost his whole family members in the blink of an eye. 'Did I do something wrong for all this?' I can't help shedding a tear. If I was him, I wouldn't go on living anymore.

We are having a major storm here. Last Wednesday is snowed about 4 inches, and stopped....so I went out and made all these tiny snowmen. I counted about 215 of them. My legs are still sore....lol. Today, this big storm is hitting and they expect by tomorrow to have 10 or more inches.
20240110_140528.jpg

20240110_140640.jpg

And this bigger guy in the back.
20240110_122932.jpg

Just took this. As of now, which also includes the snow from the other day, the table has 7 inches. We'll see how much longer it keeps coming down.
1000012985.jpg

At least its not windy. That makes it really bad, as the temperature is 10 degrees right now.
Probably some of the most snow I've seen....as my Florida raised self goes into an overload....lol.

Just took this. As of now, which also includes the snow from the other day, the table has 7 inches. We'll see how much longer it keeps coming down.
View attachment 1778790
At least its not windy. That makes it really bad, as the temperature is 10 degrees right now.
Probably some of the most snow I've seen....as my Florida raised self goes into an overload....lol.
215 snowman! You are a passionate creator for sure!
Your house is beautiful. I adore American houses. They have wide rooms, wide yards, and enough space from the neighbors. (y)
I was hammered by 20cm of snow in Ottawa, Canada, yesterday:( I hate it!!
Ahh, I see. When I was a kid, I was happy when it was snow.
But when I grew up, I wouldn't say I liked it. That causes many troubles.:(

By the way, I am trying to build the AD blimp for the diorama. So far, no good idea about designing coming up. Huum.:unsure:

Recently, My wife and I have been enjoying some YouTube videos of lawn mowing in American houses. Some guys find overgrown yards and mow them for free. And we realize how big the usual American houses are. And why do American people love a big truck like the Ford F150, because they need a big vehicle to carry a big lawn mower. :D

Yeah, although some people go crazy with trucks that are just way to big.
And a lot of newer neighborhoods, they cram the houses in so tight, you can pretty much reach out the window and nearly touch the house next to you.

As for making a blimp. Maybe make a skeleton like structure in the shape, then use something like paper mache. Then some filler and sand it down for the smoothness. Something along those lines, and hope its not too heavy.

Yeah, although some people go crazy with trucks that are just way to big.
And a lot of newer neighborhoods, they cram the houses in so tight, you can pretty much reach out the window and nearly touch the house next to you.
Really? This is what I call 'cram' Typical Japanese residential area!!
1705356364317.png

I don't know why but Japanese people love to live close- I mean real close- to their neighborhood from the era of Edo. Also, most Japanese houses are made of wood and don't have a boiler for heating. Hibachi and log stoves. That causes a big fire every year. So, the highest-paid occupation during the Edo period was carpenter. Crazy! :lol:

As for making a blimp. Maybe make a skeleton like structure in the shape, then use something like paper mache. Then some filler and sand it down for the smoothness. Something along those lines, and hope its not too heavy.
Hey, thanks for the advice! :D

Here's another story.
I think an automobile should have a certain size. 2.5 tons 400 ci V8 may be way too big but it's better than a 800 kgs 40 ci Japanese compact car.
1705386085399.png

Are you willing to pack your family members in these cars and drive on a highway at 70 mph? No, I don't. If you hit another truck or full-sized car on a highway, you are all dead and it happens all the time here. I think that's why the US doesn't import those Japanese cars. Those cars have reduced weight and fuel efficiency to the utmost limit, just like a tin can of sardines. It often stalls the engine because of too thin gas. So, automobile manufacturers have to cheat the government regulations and make well-work engines for their customers. None of the Japanese media talk about this. There's a big darkness in the Japanese automobile industries and government. That's what my auto service shop engineer told me last week.:confused:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back