Limited Run Darth Maul TPM screen accurate lightsaber prop

I ended up grabbing new O rings at a local hard ware store, no real part number

Best I can explain is, I found O rings the same thinkness, I then found a O ring in a larger diameter, so the starkiller O ring can fit snuggly inside the bigger o ring

I slipped those onto my double blade maul and my clone wars maul, they are the same thickness, and went on with half the trouble

Adjustments.jpg

I ended up grabbing new O rings at a local hard ware store, no real part number

Best I can explain is, I found O rings the same thinkness, I then found a O ring in a larger diameter, so the starkiller O ring can fit snuggly inside the bigger o ring

I slipped those onto my double blade maul and my clone wars maul, they are the same thickness, and went on with half the trouble

I did the same for my MR Maul, just raided my tool box until I found one that fits, otherwise, should be plenty at your local hardware store.

Better late than never. Finally got one of these kits off ebay. Finished assembly today.

View attachment 1349228View attachment 1349229View attachment 1349230

Saber looks great. But there's no need to go to ebay yet. The kits are still available for a little longer at my website AtStarsEnd.com. I'll be selling the last lot this month, then closing the shop in August, then reopening in September with new products. So, if you want one of these sabers, now's the time to grab one.

Saber looks great. But there's no need to go to ebay yet. The kits are still available for a little longer at my website AtStarsEnd.com. I'll be selling the last lot this month, then closing the shop in August, then reopening in September with new products. So, if you want one of these sabers, now's the time to grab one.
I picked up one of these just now. I thought they were long done.

Still haven't assembled my lightsaber kit :eek:, I'm still missing the threaded rod. Does anyone currently have a source where I can get a suitable 3/8 threaded rod in Europe or preferably in Germany? Many thanks in advance!

Still haven't assembled my lightsaber kit :eek:, I'm still missing the threaded rod. Does anyone currently have a source where I can get a suitable 3/8 threaded rod in Europe or preferably in Germany? Many thanks in advance!

This looks like it would do the trick

Thanks! Unfortunately, the provider does not deliver to Europe. I think I'll cut a metric thread in the end caps and buy a normal metric threaded rod from the hardware store. inch threads are rather uncommon here in europe or not available at all

Anyone have their maul and calipers handy? ( I dumbly left it at the shop)
So the O-ring is 3.5mm thickness. What's the diameter of those sections?
Should be easy to grab a Buna-N part number for posterity

I know 30mm was mentioned as a fit:
($12 for a pack of 50 + shipping)

Last edited:
The recess near the emitter is ~31mm and the body section below the ridges is ~35mm. 30mm should be a perfect fit and not stretch too terribly much. I need to pick up a bunch of these myself, so thanks for the link.

Stopped by ace:
Here is my findings: the 1/8” rings are about 3.4mm uncompressed so that’s close to what Halliwax shared.

IMG_2449.jpeg

IMG_2448.jpeg

Darth Maul TPM Lightsaber O ring Replacement (written out for google searching)

2@ #43 for emitter
(add three for the body if you want to stretch them over)
3@ #34 for the body
(for a relaxed fit)

Last edited:
P.S. a pack of 10 from Lowe’s for the #34s is about the same price as getting 2 from Ace. ($3)
A reminder however that they are not the Buna-N rubber
IMG_2453.jpeg

(ew, pardon my metalworking hands)

Anyone have their maul and calipers handy? ( I dumbly left it at the shop)
So the O-ring is 3.5mm thickness. What's the diameter of those sections?
Should be easy to grab a Buna-N part number for posterity

I know 30mm was mentioned as a fit:
($12 for a pack of 50 + shipping)

Recived and installed the Buna-N rings. I can already tell that they have more durability and stretch to them than the hardware store rings I’d been using. They were also easier to apply—previously, I had to string dental floss under the hardware store rings in order to pull them over the buttons and other raised surface features. The Buna-N rings basically just slid right on, with very little effort.

We’ll see how they last. At least I also have a bunch of spares, since it came in a 50-pack.

IMG_5750.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back