Interest DaveP's 40th Anniversary Luke Hero (Interest Thread)

Yup looks much better. Did you do anything differently? Color looks good now.
I shook the can after it was warmed in the water. I forgot to do that I think on the first go around. Then took some fine steelwool to knock down the shine.

Oh ok interesting. I’m able to paint in my basement at room temp so I don’t warm up the can, but I shake it for a solid 3 minutes.

But yea looks great.

**UPDATE**

Hello there.

I’ve spent some time today catching up on messages, so figured I’d take this opportunity to send out an update to all those on my mailing list.

I figured I'd post it here too for anyone following the interest thread.

Apologies for the radio silence this past couple of weeks!

As you probably know, I’ve been running slightly behind schedule with fully finished commissions from March.

March’s I.S.Y.H.C.A.N.L and Yuma commissions shipped out a couple of weeks ago:

ISYHCANL MARCH.jpg

YUMA_08.jpg

YUMA_09.jpg

The finishing touches to my V1 Hero commissions have been a bit of a struggle to get over the finish line however...

This week has been spent on final QC and cleaning, whilst packing and shipping out.

This alone has taken longer than expected as I am prone to agonise over every single fingerprint.

The good news is, these commissions are all now finished and should be shipped out by the end of this week!

QC.jpg

I managed to take some beauty shots of one of these commissions in between rain showers.

This one is an on-set / production replica with copper rails and idealised control box:

MO_01.jpgMO_02.jpgMO_03.jpgMO_04.jpgMO_05.jpgMO_06.jpgMO_07.jpg

The last of these will have shipped by the end of this week. (y)

I am in contact with all those who have outstanding orders from April, but here's a quick update on April orders:

Small, non-hilt (DIY) orders have already shipped. This includes reveal board DIY kits as well as any stand-alone stencils and Tri-Rings, etc.

I must stress that this month I have taken far fewer orders than in previous months. So, catching up and sending out the remaining DIY hilt kits, and fully finished commissions will not require the time that it has taken to get Feb/March
orders out to people. Both of these months ended up being particularly large batches, whereas April has been fairly tame in comparison!

DIY kits will be ready to ship out around the end of next week. The vast majority of parts for these have been prepped already, so they should be ready to go very soon!

As for fully finished commissions, bodies have been prepped ready for painting, which will commence as soon as DIY kits have shipped.

Based on the VERY low quantity I have to work on from this month, I see zero problem in getting these completed within the 6 week promise (if not sooner!).

To all those who have placed an order this month, thank you so much for your patience during these past few weeks!

I’m happy to say that I am finally getting caught up, and that going forward, orders should all ship out within the time promised.

Now some news for May:

**I'll be closing for the last week of May/first week of June for a family vacation. **

Orders that were placed in April will have shipped by then, but as It’s not a full month I won’t be delisting-stock and re-listing on the first of May like usual.

Instead, I've adjusted stock levels on the store to an amount that can be reasonably completed before I go away. **I WILL be delisting everything / closing orders (except maybe smaller items) on May 10th** to allow me to work through existing orders before I go away.

I'll then be opening the shop back up on the 5th of June. I hope this makes sense. It’s my aim to have NO outstanding orders whilst away, and would rather avoid taking pre-orders for June until I'm back in the workshop. This does mean that the remaining places currently available on the site are VERY limited and that from May 10th to June 5th, the store will be closed. Any order placed between now and May 10th will be completed and shipped by May 20th. Stock levels have been limited to allow for this. (y)

If you have any questions or requests in the meantime, please do get in touch.

Thank you again to everyone for your support and patience. As always, it's an honour to work on these for you all.

All the best and MTFBWY-A

Dave

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back