Deadpool & Wolverine (Deadpool 3)

Who’s the bald chick? With her pulling Wolverine around in curious if that’s a bald Polaris
That is Cassandra Nova. She's Xavier's twin sister.

Here's a snippet of her history from the Marvel Database. I'll only post this part, just in case any of her misdeeds are used in the film & could be considered spoilers...

"Cassandra embodied the dark counterpart to her twin brother, Charles. Her brother while in the womb recognised her evil presence and was forced to kill her, causing a miscarriage. Surviving undetected for years as a growing mass of cells in a sewer wall, Cassandra meticulously crafted a new body for herself, fueled by a burning desire for revenge against her brother."

Hope that helps.

I think this looks interesting because it sounds like he found an alternate universe Wolverine. I'm not sure how he would pull that off because all he had was Cable's time travel device. It will be interesting seeing a Wolverine who failed and couldn't save everyone.

I think this looks interesting because it sounds like he found an alternate universe Wolverine. I'm not sure how he would pull that off because all he had was Cable's time travel device. It will be interesting seeing a Wolverine who failed and couldn't save everyone.

We know from the teaser that the TVA is involved too. That opens up your universes.

That is Cassandra Nova. She's Xavier's twin sister.

Here's a snippet of her history from the Marvel Database. I'll only post this part, just in case any of her misdeeds are used in the film & could be considered spoilers...

"Cassandra embodied the dark counterpart to her twin brother, Charles. Her brother while in the womb recognised her evil presence and was forced to kill her, causing a miscarriage. Surviving undetected for years as a growing mass of cells in a sewer wall, Cassandra meticulously crafted a new body for herself, fueled by a burning desire for revenge against her brother."

Hope that helps.
Oh my god!!!! I didn’t even pick up on that!!!

I don’t like Deadpool at all, but I’m super interested as well seeing Wolverine again!

I feel like this is either gonna be great or annoying. Maybe both depending on the scene.

I'm hopeful though. Wolverine's gruff quiet Clint Eastwood thing is a perfect foil for Deadpool's motor-mouth wisecracking. And when the previous entries are the Deadpool series and 'Logan', they shouldn't be dealing with any studio pressure to keep it PG-13.

I feel like this is either gonna be great or annoying. Maybe both depending on the scene.

I'm hopeful though. Wolverine's gruff quiet Clint Eastwood thing is a perfect foil for Deadpool's motor-mouth wisecracking. And when the previous entries are the Deadpool series and 'Logan', they shouldn't be dealing with any studio pressure to keep it PG-13.
Logan is amazing… I haven’t seen that in such a long time

Sure wish the bad guy at the end was omega red though…

Is there a continuity problem (Logan's fate in the 2017 movie) that will be addressed? Or is the MCU's continuity so fragged up that everybody just hand-waves everything by now?

I got into it here.

Jackman delivers in every shot.
I'm not a DP fan, but this trailer was fun to watch (and re-watch).

WOLV.jpg

Is there a continuity problem (Logan's fate in the 2017 movie) that will be addressed? Or is the MCU's continuity so fragged up that everybody just hand-waves everything by now?
No continuity problem as:
1. The Fox X-Men movies were not previously part of the established MCU , since Disney did not own Fox when the MCU started they could not have been in continuity.
2. Time Travel plot lines of Deadpool 2 allows for adjustments to any particular timeline.
3. Presence of TVA in Trailers, implying MultiVerse plot line, meaning the Fox X-Men, Deadpool, and MCU could all be separate Timelines/Universes that the use of TVA technology will allow Deadpool to cross over.
4. Statements from Cast and Crew around Deadpool 3 explicitly stating that this movie will be how the MCU and the Fox X-Men Timelines/Universes are joined together post Disney's acquisition of Fox.

No continuity problem as:
1. The Fox X-Men movies were not previously part of the established MCU , since Disney did not own Fox when the MCU started they could not have been in continuity.
2. Time Travel plot lines of Deadpool 2 allows for adjustments to any particular timeline.
3. Presence of TVA in Trailers, implying MultiVerse plot line, meaning the Fox X-Men, Deadpool, and MCU could all be separate Timelines/Universes that the use of TVA technology will allow Deadpool to cross over.
4. Statements from Cast and Crew around Deadpool 3 explicitly stating that this movie will be how the MCU and the Fox X-Men Timelines/Universes are joined together post Disney's acquisition of Fox.
The whole multiverse / time travel nonsense drives me nuts. But it is what it is.

It's all a blur for me, but wasn't there the ep in (and it's not a spoiler by now) Loki, or one of the movies, that suggested all the multiverse earths were gone, and leaving the prime Earth as the Earth with ALL the main characters? So that they can merge everything together?

I could be 100% wrong. Like I said, it's all a blur to me since everything has become so heavy handed in being multiverse related.

The whole multiverse / time travel nonsense drives me nuts. But it is what it is.

It's all a blur for me, but wasn't there the ep in (and it's not a spoiler by now) Loki, or one of the movies, that suggested all the multiverse earths were gone, and leaving the prime Earth as the Earth with ALL the main characters? So that they can merge everything together?

I could be 100% wrong. Like I said, it's all a blur to me since everything has become so heavy handed in being multiverse related.
Season 1 of Loki explored how the TVA under He Who Remains was trying to limit timelines and Multiverses, but there was always ambiguity on whether that truly was an attempt by HWR to control all Timelines/Universes or whether he was just trying to keep the other Kang variants in line. Regardless, Season 2 of Loki ends with Loki overseeing the branched timelines, allowing them to exist, but monitoring Kang's Variants, which would have, allegedly, led into the MCU Adaptation of Comics Multiverse Story Secret Wars, but with Kang in the place of Doctor Doom.

I tell ya…. I don’t like dead pool.. I don’t care for ryan Reynolds, I don’t like Deadpool 1 or 2….

But I find myself watching this trailer over and over…

I was a HUGE new xmen fan done but grant Morrison… I can’t believe I didn’t pick up Cassandra at first…

Seeing her gang of mutants round up… some old faces like lady death strike.. toad… azazel…

I also heard rumors of some one else making an appearance…

I want to learn more about what is actually happening.. what’s happening to dead pools world.. is he using cables Time Machine? Is that doc strange opening the portal

Strangely enough.. I can’t believe how much this trailer has got my attention…

…then again…. Maybe it’s just Madonna that’s got me hooked

Multiverses are what I meant when I referred to hand-waving continuity problems.

At this point the comic superhero movies are in the 'King Kong vs Bride of Frankenstein' stage. Just throw anything at the wall and see what sticks. Don't waste time trying to make it plausible. Nobody cares.

At this point the comic superhero movies are in the 'King Kong vs Bride of Frankenstein' stage. Just throw anything at the wall and see what sticks. Don't waste time trying to make it plausible. Nobody cares.

that makes sense, considering the age of the genre. They have already found the "next big thing" (video game adaptations).

multiverse stuff is kind of ingrained in comics, theyre always doing weird stuff, so this fits right in to me.

Looks for sure like theres a lot of stuff from Loki in here, seems quite a bit takes place "at the end of time" with Aliath and all the random ruins strewn about.

For those with questions about Wolverine's continuity, Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds have addressed it directly here:

They also explain the entire storyline of Deadpool 3 and why it's so cool and what you can expect to see.
Required viewing if you haven't seen it!

In the trailer Logan is infamous for having screwed up his universe, so Logan vs whatever multiverse version of Logan in the movie will be similar, but different.

Cassandra looks like she lives in a Giant, dead Antman

Next question - how much stuff from the previous superhero movies will be required knowledge to enjoy this one?

I'm the kind of mullethead who listened to Van Halen in the early 1980s but turned off the radio when Warrant & Winger took over. I've only seen the big earlier superhero flicks (including the first two Deadpools and Logan). I don't know jack about Ant-Man or Dr Strange.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back